2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rain and Ginseng seed

Rain and Ginseng seed 13 years 4 months ago #7858

TNhunter,
Thanks for the info. I have a seed bed too consisting of about 150 nice old 4 prong plants. Last year the darn slugs got to them and in one night they took about half the green leaves off. The next night I used slug bait and beer in saucers and the next night I bet I killed hundreds. I just didn't put it out early enough this spring. I didn't get many berries either. It's amazing how mother nature works. In the woods there must be some kind of natural insect or bird or something that eats the slugs. Most of the woods seng is healthy with very little damage from slugs most of the time.
I read a study done using different types of sawdust as a top dressing to put over established ginseng planting beds. For some reason OAK sawdust by far out preformed any other sawdust available. It increased root size verses all other sawdust. I am going to get some Oak Sawdust and let it compost for a year or so and then put it on the ginseng beds. I am just wondering if Oak Sawdust is that good are the Oak leaves better as well?
I will try to find the article and I will post it if I can find it.
Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and no members online

Login