2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found some ginseng on my property

Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8402

Now I am gonna start some serious growing. I have 54 acres in WNC with limited growing sites, but were it will grow it will really grow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8403

Lets see if I can get the picture up of a good spot I found.

Attachments:

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8404

LJ125,
To say I share your enthusiasm would be an understatement and I wish you the best. There is a bunch of good information on this forum from many knowledgeable people pertaining to soil conditions, canopy requirements and lay of the land etc. I do not want to sound like I am coming off here as an expert because I am not. However, your picture looks very challenging. You have a ton of underbrush to contend with. Not so sure you have enough large trees to supply the correct canopy for shade. It just looks like this is a woods that is going to take a lot of effort to get ready for planting. I could be completely wrong so don't let my opinion based off of one picture discourage you. I wish your the best if you decide to give it a try. Where there is a will there is a way.
Good luck!
Latt

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8405

Towards the back in the shaded spots is where I have found a mature 3 prong and 4 smaller 3s I left them alone and will wait next season to plant the berries. I have some pics of what I found and will get them up here soon.

I have been ginseng hunting for about 18 yrs and was deeded some land through the family.
Also I have been folowing TNHunter and Billy for a while now learning some here and there.

Thanks for the advice Latt I wish I had a better picture of the hardwoods out of sight in the back right of the picture that provides a good canopy.

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8408

LJ125,
Sounds like I was wrong then and I am glad about that. I wish you the best and you have certainly been following some good advise form some really knowledgeable people that you have mentioned. With the 18 years of experience you have and the fact that Ginseng is already growing on the land you should be very successful!
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8409

Good luck on your planting LJ125, soil tests and preparations mean alot. That first year you plant I would go along the entire property I intended to plant and sow some test plots as well so by the time in later years you get around to planting them you will know if they will work or not. I would surely start off the first year where I found the wild Ginseng though, which I assume you probably will. Good luck again.

Re:Found some ginseng on my property 13 years 2 months ago #8410

Latt is right about that underbrush though. I really need to get that under control and possibly try to promote tree growth in that area for future growing spots.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 269 guests and no members online

Login