2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Shade grown seed?

Re:Shade grown seed? 13 years 2 days ago #9042

I am not going to speculate as to what Larry Harding does or doesn't do about anything related to ginseng. All I know is that he his well respected in the ginseng community and is always more than willing to take the time to talk to anyone no matter how busy he is. He welcomes people to visit his ginseng farm and he will take his time showing you around. He is very eager to share his knowledge about growing ginseng. He wants to see other people succeed in growing ginseng as a hobby or on a bigger scale if that's the goal. He is a great resource and I am sure if anyone has any questions he would be happy to answer them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Shade grown seed? 13 years 2 days ago #9049

As for the organic certification,,,this line taken from the maryland application for organic certification pretty much sums it up \"Planting stock (any plant or plant tissue other than annual seedlings used in plant production or propagation) must be produced according to organic standards if commercially available. Non-organic perennial plants must be managed organically for at least one year prior to harvest of crop or sale of the plant as certified organic planting stock.
that would seem to answer the questions on how a plant can be sprayed for 5 or 6 years and still be considered organic,,,PLANTING STOCK however im confused if this ginseng would be considered organic for consumption? Maybe one mans organic is not the same as another mans organic. however i will say that organic is not wild-simulated since wild-simulated is an attempt to mimmick truly wild ginseng,which recieves no chemical sprays.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 703 guests and no members online

Login