2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving right along in Tennessee

Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9427

I Know you fellas up north are still havin some cool weather so I thought I would help warm ya up with some southern pics

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9428

Go, girls go, make daddy some money :laugh:

Attachments:

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9429

Hillhopper

That's what we've been looking for!!! Looks Great!

Warmed me up a little, but most of all a BIG SMILE!

Thanks, I needed that.

classicfur

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9430

Those are some healthy looking ginseng babies! Nice older plant pics too.
Latt

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9432

It won't be long and you'll get to stroll through your plantings as well classicfur.

Latt, that second pick is of a big wild patch on my place. Iv never dug any of it, I enjoy watching it all grow and reproduce itself naturally. Those two three prongs on the bottom came up as 4 prongs 2 years ago but looks like now they're being more conservative in there old age.

Hillhopper

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9442

Hillhopper,

Like many other folks, I'm just amazed at the diversity in the growth cycle within ginsengs growing area. My stratified seeds have starting coming up, but no wild has emerged yet. Classifur is patiently waiting to see something spring up, and it looks like yours is going full force. Thanks for the pictures.

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9444

Guys

Spring time has been slow coming. I saw in the morning paper, north of me along the canadian border, they had 5\" of snow yesterday. Thankfully, we had just a light rain.

The Sugar Maples are just starting to push out some leaves. Usually by the time the maple leaves have reached half their full size and apple blossoms have opened up, then the bulk of my plants are up and growing.

Every year is different. Over the past four springs in Maine this is what I have logged in my records. These are the dates of earliest and latest emergence of seedlings. Earliest: April 20. Latest:May 12. Then they continue to emerge for about 3-4 more weeks.

Every one should keep records for future reference.

Seeing everyones emerging plants gets me excited for seeing my own plants growing again. But each year it seems that my patience is running thin.

I would expect to see some seedlings emerge within the next two weeks. I hope. Some of my older plants will probably emerge before that time.

Thanks for everyones encouragement.

classicfur

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9446

I still have seedlings pushing through a little at a time but a certain planting site is giving me a sinking feeling. Maybe 1 seedling per 10sq ft is up. I think from the other picks anyone would say I should have seen more production by now. The seed are there though, just sitting doing nothing, they still look healthy but just haven't germinated.

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9447

Hillhopper,
Send me an email on where you got the seed if you do not mind.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Moving right along in Tennessee 13 years 3 weeks ago #9448

Iv not figured the e mail out on this phone yet but you can give me a shout on my cell.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 368 guests and no members online

Login