2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Good quality Ginseng seeds

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1588

You know some times if you plant late or plant and then have cold dry weather, most of the seed won't come up till the second spring. This has happened to me from dry weather. I split the seeds and they were brown and dried out lookin, thought they were dead, then the next spring the rest came up real good. So have a good look and split a few of them seeds. Hope thats it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1590

When do you suggest the best time to plant is Guy? I know it may vari by lattitude but I'm probably not much farther south than you here in Vt.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1598

We try to plant dependent on the leaves fallin. Around the beginin to the middle, later than that still works but not as well. This is usaully around the start of sept. to the middle.
We have poplar tree's droppin all their leaves now, it looks like fall.
Love Vermont used to ride thru the mountains when I was a youngster. You have one of the best areas for this ginseng growin.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1790

I just wanted to say I did not intend to say that Larry Harding was intending to be dishonest in his dealings but, as per a conversation I had with Larry last year; I asked him a couple questions regarding planting seng as I had already ordered my seed for the year elsewhere. He asked what I had paid and I told him, $45.00 per pound. He said, he would have sold me the same seed for $65.00. He even suggested that if I were to ask him questions, I should be buying my seed there. His words not mine and maybe he has a point. I mentioned something about the price for his seed listed online being higher and his response was that for his native seed, which he only sells so much of each year - as they plant the rest there, was higher then the seed he would sell me for the price he quoted me. Now you can decide for yourself, what Larry is ding as to seed sales. He sells his seed from his patch for about $90.00 to $110.00 per pound and then sells other seed for less. Where is the other coming from? You can ask him yourself if you deal with him.

Don't get me wrong, I like Larry and I realize he is a business man trying to make money. He is very knowledgeable and with what he learned from his dad (who also used to collect seed from the wild and replant his own ground), his understanding of ginseng is far better then mine. I just want to set the record straight from what he had said to me. If you are buying seed from him, ask directly whether it is from his plants or somewhere else.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1818

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey what is the name of the book by scott persons if you dont mind thanks

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1819

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey guy i want to buy 1pd of your dryed seeds how mutch to ship them to tennessee and if i order by the 15 of sept when could i exspect to get them thanks alot please send me a copy of your order form to my gmail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and any imfo i may need thanks

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1839

Tony, You don't want \"dry\" seeds. Guy will know what you want and send the right stuff. Once your seeds dry out they are no good. They have to be moist- not wet. The Scott Persons book is Growing and Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal, & Other Woodland Medicinals.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1844

thanks i want seeds to plant this yr i found the book on amozon books for 15.00 ITS ON ITS WAY

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1845

I NEED HELP , I have a lot of land that is nothing but deep dark ridges and i want to plant 2 pds of seeds this yr on it the land owner gave me permission to post the land and i dont want to plant patches dew to haveing to keep it up but what i want to do is just cover the ridges where i know alot of sang is and and just start planting seed every 5 square ft all over these ridges i like the thrill of hunting and finding it so i thought i would just put seeds all over the place but i will keep them far enough apart so i want have any trouble with them growing and having to use pestacides if you understand what i am asking then i would be greatful for any help thanks all and happy hunting

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 13 years 6 months ago #5469

Had a quick question regarding the West Virginia Ginseng Growers Associaion, (saw that Dieselrider mentioned it in an archived post)

Is the WVGGA still active? The reason I ask is last year I spoke with a former president, Fred H. (real nice fella) and he gave me a name and address to send a check to. Check was cashed many months later, never heard from anyone and never received the newsletter I was told I would receive. Anyone know if the organization is still up and running? Thanks in advance.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 454 guests and no members online

Login