2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ginseng price

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1727

well i sold last year in chinatown in chicago.and they were paying around$200 more a pound than the local buyer's .so if your willing to wait or go investigate diffrent buyers ..you can beat those local buyers most times..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1728

Chieftan how much was that. I didn't sell last year so i really didn't keep up with the price. I would like to give my seng to you and let you sell it. Just joking but i would like to find someone giving a good price

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1734

Chieftain, If you are able to get $200 more a pound in Chinatown, it would be very profitable to just buy up all the ginseng you can get and sell them for the $200 profit. Letsee, if you bought 1000 pounds, that would be 200K in profits. If you do it a few times, that'd be a million dollars. Very well worth selling everything you own to do this business.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1735

This was the first time i had went up there.I'm a 2 1/2 hour from chicago and a 2 hour drive to st. louis..i would say that any large city with a asian population you could probably do the same if you live close enough..had 3 diffrent gentlemen on the same block wanting to buy .now the only draw back is 'are they license buyer's\" for this state .don't know ,didn't ask..

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1795

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Has anyone called an gotten a price for seng in their area in which you can start hunting now? In this state an area the price is 300 lb quoted from:

Ohio River Ginseng & Herb

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1797

I live in Indiana and the season opens next week. Nobody will give a price.
Called around to places in Kentucky where the season opened last week and they won't give a price either.
Where is Ohio River Ginseng and Herb located?

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1799

10 more days to go here in ILL. till season..ain't heard no prices yet..

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1801

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
jchrisfos wrote:

I live in Indiana and the season opens next week. Nobody will give a price.
Called around to places in Kentucky where the season opened last week and they won't give a price either.
Where is Ohio River Ginseng and Herb located?

Columbiana County

Ohio River Ginseng & Herb
Mitchell McCullough
P.O. Box 2347
East Liverpool, OH 43920
330-853-3861

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1804

Called Ohio River Ginseng & Herb and he said around 300 is where it should start out at but he isn't buying until september first

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1808

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I spoke to my dealer today and he said that we would open between 270 to 300 a lb this season I will no forsure in a couple weeks from now.

Another buddy of mine that lives in Tn said that his dealer told him he would be at 270 per pound to start.

Both these statments are better than the open of last year in my area.

I have herd that the price will be better overall this season as well,but that is still to be known of a surety.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and no members online

Login