2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ginseng price

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1817

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey billy i live in tennessee could you find out who your buddy sales to in tn im always looking for buyers in tn thanks alot for any help
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1827

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tony I do not no what area you are from in Tn this is around the newport/morroistown area.I called my friend and got the name and no# of this dealer for you.I`d say hes a good dealer because my friend likes him,I have not met the dealer as I deal in Ky,hope you the best over therem,here is the information.

Dealer - Clay fugate
Phone no# 423-272-7697

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1833

thanks alot billy i live in cleveland tn near chattanooga i will call him

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1842

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've been doing alot of thinking on this pricing an again this year alot of talk starting out at 300 bucks is just not exactly a fair price. Here in Ohio you can't start hunting till sept 1. Knowing that we need for the berries to ripen an fall is a great idea but to hunt an walk for miles an maybe stumble onto a real nice patch isn't worth the price the middle man is gonna start at. I've got (11) pounds dry from last year an will hopfully have that much this year. Going to sit on it again an not sell @300. If alot more of us would just hold out the prices would come up to a reasonable level but that I am sure will never happen. For those that sell off this year keep us informed on the pricing in your area. Good luck fellow hunters an enjoy the great outdoors!

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1846

Purple,
I didn't sell toward the end of the season last year. Price was 280 a pound. I held on to 8 pounds dry. my wife said I was being greedy, but I'd rather eat it than sell at 280.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1850

It opened around 325 or 350 in central Ky last year where I sell. Some dealers opened at 300 around here though. I got a little over 400 a pound when I sold and then the bottom went out and some dealers quit buying altogether for a couple weeks before opening back up with much lower prices.

Haven't talked to my dealer this year but I expect they will open around 300. I won't sell for 300 though.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1859

• rsuggs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here in NC, \"red root\" usually goes for about 20 - 30 cents on the dollar....

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1876

• grif
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There is a dealer around crossville,tn his price is 360 dry and $93.00 green and one in pikeville,tn. but his price is 280.00 dry

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1877

grif who is the dealer in crossville if you dont mind i live in cleveland tn thanks

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1878

hey billy i have tryed to get in touch with clay fugate but he never answers his phone can you find out if he is still a buyer thanks

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 338 guests and no members online

Login