2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: western nc prices

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13409

i went yesterday for a couple hours. Would find one green and healthy, and a few feet away find one wilted and dead. It was like that all afternoon. Slowly slippin away. Get it while u can.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13472

What do say about 15LBs green will yield dry.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13473

Around 5 lbs. It usually takes 3 lbs green to make a dry pound. U havin any luck this year?

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13474

4 lbs 5 ozs

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13475

Not bad. Doin better than a lot of people I know.LI125 I notice in your profile you r from NC . Where at in NC r u from.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13520

I am from bryson city. yes 15 lbs is a good start, not bad at all. I have dug for the last 35 years or so and it usually takes 3 lbs and 7 ozs to dry one lb. later in october it might hold its weight a little better and you usually dig better seng to. looks like it will mostly be gone in two or three weeks.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13521

lsbarker1 wrote:

I am from bryson city. yes 15 lbs is a good start, not bad at all. I have dug for the last 35 years or so and it usually takes 3 lbs and 7 ozs to dry one lb. later in october it might hold its weight a little better and you usually dig better seng to. looks like it will mostly be gone in two or three weeks.

That's pretty much what it's always dried down for me. 3 1/2 to 1.

rootman

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13523

Seems the biggier roots dry out at least 3 wet to 1 dry if not better. Most of the sang I have dug has always been 3LB to 1LB. Like Barker said the later in the year the more weight as well.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13530

Today's price at Ridge Runner Trading in Boone and Don Phillips in Bakersville for good quality well handled dry roots is up to 500.00

Re:western nc prices 12 years 6 months ago #13534

Richard Smith in North Cove McDowell Co.is paying 500.00 for dry and 130.00 for green. 828-756-4446:)

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Who's Online

We have 499 guests and no members online

Login