2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: western nc prices

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15150

Ooops! Sorry for the echo folks!:ohmy:

I was having trouble with my connection and could not get a confirmation the reply was submitted and obviously kept resending it.

Question: What year did the Federal Government do away with Silver Certificates and go strickly with using promisery notes as legal tender?

Once upon a time long ago and far away before the creation of a US Treasury and our Federal Reserve Board Wild Ginseng roots were worth their weight in silver and traded as such.

Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to convince my banker, the utility companies, the grocery store nor the county tax collector to accept Ginseng as payment for my debts.

But what if I could convince them to accept my Ginseng instead of currency based stricktly on my evaluation of what it's worth.

Better yet I'll convince them it's a great investment because it has been worth much more at times in the past and it should be worth much more in the future to them if they are willing to hold onto it long enough and we can all live happily ever after.

Looking forward to your responses on this blustery day with thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15152

Herbuyer wrote:

But what if I could convince them to accept my Ginseng instead of currency based stricktly on my evaluation of what it's worth.

Better yet I'll convince them it's a great investment because it has been worth much more at times in the past and it should be worth much more in the future to them if they are willing to hold onto it long enough and we can all live happily ever after.

Very good point, and very well put. Thumbs up!

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15179

Where was 535?

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15180

10/31/2011 10:00AM
Carolina Wholesale Bait $515
Wayne King (Canton)

Metcalf's Ginseng $515
Gary Metcalf (Mars Hill)

Phillip's Ginseng $500
Donald Phillips (Bakersville)

Richard Smith (Marion) $515

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15207

Donald Phillips, Bakersville 515
Ridge Runner Trading, Boone 515
as of 11/01/11
any more updates today?

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15208

An anoymous digger called in and said they could get 535 elsewhere on Friday.
I said that was a great price for that day.
Looks like 500-515 for good average collections today is NC market.
Still 53 more shopping days left before Christmas!

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15210

A buddy called Carolina Wholesale back after I did on Monday. The lady quoted $520LB, she said it went up afternoon.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15426

Seems prices are easying up and all buyers seem more interested in me bringing what I have by so they can make an offer. Hopefully a good sign?

11/8/2011
Carolina Wholesale Bait $525
Wayne King (Canton)

Metcalf's Ginseng $520
Gary Metcalf (Mars Hill)

Phillip's Ginseng $520
Donald Phillips (Bakersville)

Richard Smith (Marion) $515

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15534

Have most of the NC diggers sold? I'm still holding out.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 5 months ago #15535

I'm still holding out too, I've got close to 4 lbs so every 5 and 10 dollars a lb it goes up adds up pretty good, if I had a lb or less I would probably sale any time cause I don't think its gonna go up a ton, out of about the 10 friends I know that dig I would say about three quarters of them has sold. I normally sale mine around the week of thanksgiving to Donald Phillips unless it begins to go down before then, I might hold out a little longer than that if it looks like its gonna start going up pretty good.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 697 guests and no members online

Login