2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ebay Question

Ebay Question 12 years 6 months ago #13744

Watching green ginseng sell the last month on ebay I have saw it go for $200-400LB. The average price for good \"mixed\" sang has been around $250LB. Do you think these are buyers above the local buyers and just cutting a middle man out? The best green price I have heard local is $130 and dry $500. That $250 green price should equate to around at least $750 dry. Am I wrong? If dry doesn't get that high I may get my dealers license and get my green sang certified at that price green next year. Thoughts and comments.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ebay Question 12 years 6 months ago #13756

some dealers trying to get a deal but most i think are just ordinary people (asian probably). just my guess.

Re:Ebay Question 12 years 6 months ago #13805

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationTomzr2

I think that most of them on ebay are just diggers that obtained the propper paper work so they can get some big bucks selling their roots on ebay.

And yes you are correct that $250 green would be like $750 dry.

I saw one auction at the beginning of the season that went for over $900 for a lb of green. That would be like $2700 for a dry lb

Here's some finished auctions that went for more than $500 for a lb of fresh.

In some stes like WI, all you need is to get your roots certified.

I have noticed that as we get further in the season the prices are getting lower on ebay.

classicfur

Re:Ebay Question 12 years 6 months ago #13806

Hoping it gets to $750 dry locally :cheer:

Re:Ebay Question 12 years 4 months ago #15241

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
I think if you dig 5-10 lbs of dry every season its worthwhile getting your dealer license giving eBay a shot.

The buyers will try to contact you if you sang is good.

Re:Ebay Question 12 years 4 months ago #15272

It might be worth it for you unless you try to export...that opens up a whole new world of licenses, permits, fees and other hidden costs.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 491 guests and no members online

Login