2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Dealers

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14455

Hey Chieftain, I too would be interested in knowing more about your method.

But, I want to caution you, on the odd chance you don't already know, there are legal requirements for holding ginseng over from one year to the next. Here is the Illinois statute:

Illinois Compiled Statute (525 ILCS 20/2e) (from Ch. 61, par. 512)

Sec. 2e. Certification. The Department must certify the origin and quantity of all ginseng harvested in the State of Illinois. Certifications will only be made within the boundaries of the State and only at the established offices of resident licensed dealers, registered licensed growers or at offices designated by the Department. The Department shall establish by administrative rule procedures for certification to authenticate and verify the origin, legal taking or purchasing, weight of shipment, whether wild or cultivated and persons growing or dealing in ginseng and other information as required to attain compliance with Federal mandates of the Office of Scientific Authority of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. All wild ginseng must be certified and sealed by April 1 of the year following harvest. (Source: P.A. 83680.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14459

Hey Chief, if you are willing could you share that method of storing dried root? I tried e-mailing you a couple of times, but could not get it to go through for some reason. If your willing My email adress is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. you could call me also @ 740-260-3084. Thanks for your consideration man. :whistle:

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14460

5 email sent.but it failed to go through.sent another...Castle I'm aware and thank you I get it certified..will send you the imfo.but couldn't get your e=mail from your profile..my e-mail in my profile is wrong its been corrupted and i cant seem to get it off my profile.my correct address is... This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14463

That's odd. I have it set to be visible, and can see it if I click on my name or profile. Anyway, email sent...thank you.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14475

Castle ,5... I tried again but it it still say's 'delivery failure'..if you want to send me an email at the address i posted below ,I will then reply.and have your correct address.Castle I tried clicking on your name in the profile and got nothing..in your profile it shows no email address..5 i copied and pasted your's from this site to my hot mail and it still wouldn't go through..

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14476

Chief, Don't Know why we're having trouble emailing each other. I sent one to your new address last night and thought it went through. If it's not too much trouble could you call me at the number in the above post? Thanks:)

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14477

ok I think I'v got it ,it said it sent this time...if not I will try again let me know if you got it ,men....

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14478

on a side note I have never tried green root with this method,always been dry root..if any of you try a few green roots let me know how it works..I don't know but I think it would work great on green root...

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14482

Got it Chief. Thanks, along the lines of what I was thinking.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14486

I bury my fresh roots in the garden until i am ready to sell, i figure they lose about an ounce or 2 per 3 pounds. I have 6 p's in the ground now, sure i'll lose a quarter p but i will leave them there until i hear the asia buyer is in town around thanksgiving~ then I will dig em up and have fresh roots to sell. they usually bring a premium that time of year which makes up for the lost weight B) I never hold roots from year to year, not fresh or dry after all it isn't gold so no need to hoard it. The way i look at it if you have roots that were dug 2,3,4 years ago you are losing money waiting for a target price that may never come, you also risk theft, damage, and/or buyer rejection.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 581 guests and no members online

Login