2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Dealers

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14488

The way i look at it if you have roots that were dug 2,3,4 years ago you are losing money waiting for a target price that may never come, you also risk theft, damage, and/or buyer rejection....well the root I stored for 4 years was worth 300 a pound 4 years ago..last year I sold it for 715 apound.thats 600 for the 2 pound 4 years ago.....selling price 4 years later..thats 1430.B) B) B) I don't see where thats loosing money[more than doubled in value]...theft, if they break in to steal seng ,I would be a lot more worried about 127 guns..they better hope i aint got one of the 127 in my hand when they break in...absolutely no damage in this method of storage....took this root to 3 separate buyers..the last buyer has been buying root for 50 years ..I knew if he couldn't tell it was a good way to store it...none of the three could tell the difference from the 4 year stored root and the 2 lb. of fresh that I sold with it.......but to each their own..;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14490

Chieftain wrote:

.absolutely no damage in this method of storage....took this root to 3 separate buyers..the last buyer has been buying root for 50 years ..I knew if he couldn't tell it was a good way to store it...none of the three could tell the difference from the 4 year stored root and the 2 lb. of fresh that I sold with it.......but to each their own..;)

man i have damaged root every year, fine feeder roots, taps, bulbs sometimes break off. so if you're willing to share, I would love to know this method.

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14491

Chief,
I don't know about freezing roots for years. At some point a consumer eats these roots.

You could probably freeze for a year without altering the taste to much but I sure would not want to eat any meat or vegetables that has been frozen for 3 or 4 years.

Just a thought, and keeping the American ginseng quality in high standards.

rootman

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14492

rootman ,manroot,..send a email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will reply with the imfo.

ky prices going up 12 years 6 months ago #14495

was told going up nextweek or end of this week post ky price

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14508

Wouldn't be all want to know a good way to store dryed roots??? Kygirl:

Re:Dealers 12 years 6 months ago #14512

yeah cheif go ahead an spill it.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds