2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping?

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15045

Castle is very truthful in what he is telling you. You can't make the Asians buy it, especially for a high price.
I'm a small KY. dealer and my buyers advised me to drop the price but instead of making people angry I quit buying,maybe for the season.
So, I guess it boils down to this. If you can get $425 to $450 do you sell or take a chance on holding it for more. That is your decision.

rootman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15056

I think some dealers on here want to keep everyone thinking negative on the prices. If you dont like others paying more than you, raise your prices or quit buying.

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15065

So who thinks that prices will only drop the remainder of the year, and who thinks that we will see higher prices before the year's end?

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15066

well rootman thats a good question i dont know its been a weird year this year for some odd reason but im a buyer and thats as high as i got this year was 450 itll go up prolly mid november but i dont know ive been buying it like crazy 2 pounds for 900

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15067

i know what your saying im paying 450 a pound maybe even higher and everyone else is low as can be

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15113

I agree with you lenno, it's funny to sit back and watch people discuss the prices of sang, I've noticed, which i think you have too. I can tell from each post if it's a dealer or digger. Dealers always putting down sang hope'en to dis-heart diggers into sale'en thier sang at a cheap low price. Which i'm sure some diggers has sold thier sang already because of it, I dont have a TON of it, but 16lbs is enough for me to sit back and just watch it, and if it doesn't reach a good price i'll just hold over til next year, I know i'm not going to sale mine for 350-400lb so the dealers can end up making double that much :)

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15116

You guys are really missing the whole issue. Seriously.

I make more money when the price is rising, goods are moving and I'm buying and turning the goods over quickly. This year isn't like that. Goods are not moving.

One thing is clear, you all don't want to hear what is really going on. Good luck with that outlook.

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 5 months ago #15117

mark78 wrote:

Dealers always putting down sang hope'en to dis-heart diggers into sale'en thier sang at a cheap low price.

Or, maybe they are only reporting what is really happening with no hidden motives at all. That's a pretty large leap to suggest you know what someone's motivation is.

Mark, if you decide to hold over, be sure to get your ginseng certified or otherwise recorded so you won't get in trouble.

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 4 months ago #15121

hello all, we are a new dealer in tn and i have bought over 100 pounds now i have talked to alot of dealers and they all are saying the same thing i dont know what to think i assumed that dealers made more but i have talked to some exporters and they are talking the same thing i try to listen to all and then decide what the truth is i am a digger first and beleave that we should make all we can for our efforets but you have to sit back and look from a dealers side would you invest your life savings and could you stand the pressure of not knowing what is going to happend in the futer they are alot of hidden factors but if you are a gambling man and willing to hold out for the best you my make what you hope to get but how long do you wait 1yr 2yr or what 100pounds of sang is not doing me any good if i cant sell it i have spent alot of time and gas ,money to get this 100pounds so as far as a digger he has 1 season of work to lose if it dosent sell as a dealer he has a lifetime worth of saving to lose who has the greater risk no harm intended just something to think about but if we all work to geather in producing better quality then the dealers my be able to pay more ,please do not cook,microwave,heatlamps,lay in the sun or keep past 2yrs because color changes and that isnt top quality anymore i wouldnt think i have never keep it 2 yrs so in all i hope we all get rich off this 1 day goodluck to all thankyou for your time tony ball ,p.s they are to many games being played in this from both dealers and diggers they has to be a honest transaction in this from both

Re:Hold out for a possible higher price, or sell now with prices dropping? 12 years 4 months ago #15148

i definately agree with you tony about the games and its always been a risk buying anything. good luck this year and keep in touch, matt

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 562 guests and no members online

Login