2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ebay

Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15618

I was looking at \"Wild Ginseng on Ebay\" and seen one seller selling 60 grams (2 oz) at $230 if my math is correct that's somewhere in the neighborhood of $1840 a pound. Either someone don't know what they're bidding on or someone has a very good buyer Or someone going to lose their butt. Any thoughts? Please keep it civil:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15622

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Those have to be very special sang.

There were also just under a pound and a half sold for around $600 recently on eBay.

Long neck, clean,fine root hair, good growth rings, well dried etc...you don't want to buy sang with too much dirt at that kind of price... Probably the buyer is a collector. He is willing and able to reward a careful digger.

Most roots in the $400-800/lb range are regular roots, with some broken/damaged roots and which still require cleaning before they can be eaten.

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15625

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationBig lizard

You are probably referring to this:-

It looks like the roots have been very carefully dug out, cleaned and dried to prevent the root hairs and neck from breaking.

Part of the reason is probably also because Vermont produce very little ginseng compared to other states...and its not likely he can dig 10 lbs dry in a season...

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15694

Kman I hope the Vermont seller gets every penny he can get. I have a (3 lb) box of seng as good or better than what he is selling and I am getting offered $1200 less a pound for it. It would look as if even the average seng is now bringing $800 to $900 a pound. Not taking anything away from the local buyers because they know what they can buy for to make a profit but I don't know that it would not be worth the trouble to get my seng certified and anything else I would have to do and go the Ebay route. Again, Any thoughts or comments would be welcomed.

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15717

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Yes the vermont roots seems to be doing extremely on ebay...between $2000-4000/lb. ($120-250/ounce)

But roots from other states are between $400-800/lb ($30-50/ounce).

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15726

Yea, I've been seeing that. But I also noticed that a lot of the roots from the other states are not the quality of the roots from Vermont. It's almost like they took the big roots out and are posting average to small roots or maybe that's as big as they get in their area. I would like to see a SE Ohio digger put some of their really good seng on. Maybe this one dry root we have that's the size of a beer can, would get their attention.

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15742

Maybe like this one.:woohoo:
Attachments:

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15743

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Man...that's a special wild sang. So many roots attached to the neck. Very well dug too. I think this is definitely a keeper. :-)

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15752

Here are a few more with the big boy. I posted pics of a few roots on here a while back but these are new ones that have never been photographed. You have to look at the roots individuality because the big boy makes everything look small.
Attachments:

Re:Ebay 12 years 4 months ago #15795

• GarrettWilson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ebay is world's most popular online shopping mall providing free online auctions for products like mobiles/cell phones, cameras, computers, consumer service products.Its is best online shopping center for all products.

Business Insurance

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 323 guests and no members online

Login