2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Other Herbs in demand right now

Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 11 months ago #17439

I didn't know quite where to post this one...so this was my best guess.

Guys and Gals, as you are out and about, keep some of the other herbs in mind. Right now, for instance, I have a damand for Wild Indigo root and Witch Hazel bark.

The Indigo root is currently at $12/dry pound, and the Witch Hazel bark at $1.25 a pound. I can also use Witch Hazel leaves (green, clean and dry) at $1.50/pound.

A complete pricelist is available on my site.

Here is the USDA Plant Database link for Wild Indigo (Baptisia tinctoria) or \"Horsefly Weed\" http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=BATI

There are a lot of things we see as we look for ginseng or tend to our plants. If we are observant, we can fill in off season (generally late summer) by producing some of these other herbs that are in demand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 11 months ago #17456

Anyone know of any buyers for blood root and Mayapple in Central/Eastern Kentucky. Ohio is a long way to drive for me, just for a few pounds of roots.

Thanks,

mhowa

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 11 months ago #17473

I don't know anyone who buys down there.

Bloodroot is up a little right now. I've been telling guys to wait until later in the summer to dig it....let it seed and it also loses a lot of its moisture so you won't have as much trouble with mold.

I can't take anything with dirt or mold, but I could deal with you via mail if you like. I have a full pricelist posted on my site.

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 11 months ago #17486

About how many roots of Mayapple/bloodroot would it take to make a pound on average? I will probably get a chance to go out this weekend and see what I can see.

mhowa

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 11 months ago #17488

I don't know for sure, as I've never dug either to dry. I would imagine when we get a little farther along in the spring for the bloodroot (maybe not for mayapple) you will dry close to 3:1. I'm just speculating, I don't know for sure.

If I had to guess how many average bloodroot roots were in a dry pound is this area I would guess maybe 50-100.

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 10 months ago #17748

Attachments:

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 10 months ago #17757

mhowa wrote:

Anyone know of any buyers for blood root and Mayapple in Central/Eastern Kentucky. Ohio is a long way to drive for me, just for a few pounds of roots.

Thanks,

mhowa

Several of the KY Ginseng dealers do buy off season roots. Contact your local dealer and ask, and maybe they can recommend someone.

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 9 months ago #18417

i went to your website and could not see any price list.

i dig alot of diffrent roots and herbs.

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 7 months ago #19653

johnsons roots and herbs are buying bloodroot. check out our website johnsonsrootsandherbs.com

Re:Other Herbs in demand right now 11 years 7 months ago #19673

johnsonsrootsandherbs wrote:

johnsons roots and herbs are buying bloodroot. check out our website johnsonsrootsandherbs.com

What are your prices? I don't see anything listed on your site. I\"m paying up to about $12 for clean, dry bloodroot.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 993 guests and no members online

Login