2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: nc prices

nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #187

• Jonathan
  • Jonathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have heard a few people in my area, (western NC), say that wild ginseng will go to $3000 a pound before the end of the year. Just wondering else has heard this rumor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #188

hope so... sounds pretty steep.

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #191

I was told by a missouri buyer, yesterday that Wild Ginseng was going to start out at $325.00 Lb. dried, is he for real? or is he trying to make some bucks?
Les

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #193

• Jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It does sound steep, but Ive been told it has something to do with new laws about selling to China. I am pretty confused, I can't find any info about it but I keep hearing it.

As for Les, Its going for around $1000 a pound for wild in my neck of the woods

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #195

• digger
  • digger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
if u find out the price and who to sell it to would you let me no cause im from western nc and who i talked to about buying said 350lb dry and 100 wet and i think im getting burnt!
thank you

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #202

Hi Jonathan, What part of the country are you in? I live in Southern Illinois, Season just started here Sept. 6th, We have to buy a lic here to harvest Wild Ginseng,four Prong only also,, None of the buyers can buy here in my area until two weeks after the start of the Season Sept. 20th, I spoke to another buyer today that says around $300.00 a lb Dry for wild Ginseng starting out price, $22.00 for Golden Seal Dry/$6.00 Wet for Seal,, Ginseng went to $1100.00 lb here last winter, maybe it will go up again but may not according to the Buyer I spoke with. If you are getting $1000.00 lb dry for wild Ginseng ,,Please give me the Buyers name ,phone number.
Les

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #207

• Jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry for the confusion, the 1000 a lb I spoke was the end of last season. I was told by an employee of the USFS that 1000 is where it would start this year. I have not called around to see if that is the case or not. So again sorry for the confusion.

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #214

Les, I'm in central ILL. [Charleston]who did you talk to if you don't mind telling..

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #216

Hi Chief, here is the Illinois dealer I spoke with, he is from red bud Illinois
Darrell Schmieg
3902 SR 3
Red Bud, IL 62278
PH: 618/282-3267
I also spoke with burkbuegler fur co. in Perryville mo. he said Wild Ginseng was probably going to start out around $325.00, I believe to get a correct price maybe Turley ginseng Co. would be the number to call, but, I have not been able to get ahold of them Yet.
Les

Re:nc prices 9 years 2 months ago #217

Thank's Les I sold to turley at greenville a few year's back...he seem's to be a fair dealer..Darwin Kircohffer at Shumway buy's to.I will probably call him next week.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelattHillhopper
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 105 guests and one member online