2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Road Trip Southeastern Ohio

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 6 months ago #20560

bhallginseng wrote:

Im paying above both of you in this area,

Hardly... :lol:

I paid more than you have been posting just tonight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 6 months ago #20562

Xena Bui wrote:

wow, i didn't know ginseng was so expensive, hehehe. I just wanted to hunt to start a real hobby for my son and I, to bond and plus my mom does use ginseng a lot. and she did mention that american ginseng is expensive to buy in Vietnam. I need to learn about this so I can hunt next year when the season come around so I will have a great gift for my mom. of course, I have to be well educated in this before I start hunting. So excited, I can't wait. lol

That's an awesome attitude to have Xena. Most of us here can help you with any questions you have, and some of us have our own websites where you can find more information.

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 6 months ago #20580

Ive paid 600 the last two days so good luck with that :woohoo:

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 5 months ago #21277

Hey everyone. I'll be heading to southeastern Ohio to buy again next Wednesday. I'll be at Woodland Outdoor between Freeport and Tippecanoe near Clendening Lake between 4 and 6 pm. Stop by and say hi, and bring your ginseng.

Here is the link to the Google map.

maps.google.com/maps?q=79550+Freeport+-+...699&t=m&z=16

The market at this point remains steady for good quality Ohio ginseng. Prices start about $680 and go UP or down from there depending on quality. Better quality collections of root that are handled correctly easily break the $700/lb mark.

I am still willing to pick up ginseng in reasonable quantities.

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 5 months ago #21286

geographically, that's 15 miles north of Columbus, a far cry from south east :(

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 5 months ago #21287

leightonbankes wrote:

geographically, that's 15 miles north of Columbus, a far cry from south east :(

Well, actually, if you look at that map you will see it is noticably closer to Pittsburgh than Columbus. We will be well east of I77. Also, that is not going to be my only stop, some of them farther south.

Like I've continued to say, I pay as much as anyone in the state I\"ve been paying over $700/lb for decent root the last week or two, and I am willing to pick up ginseng in reasonable quantities.

Just give me a call if you need to meet me or have me come by to pick up your ginseng. 419.651.8158

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 5 months ago #21355

The Ohio ginseng market is staying strong. Most solid collections will be in the $700/lb range with better collections receiving a premium over that mark.

I\"m still paying as much as anyone in the state, so give me a call 419.651.8158

Re:Road Trip Southeastern Ohio 11 years 5 months ago #21447

The market is holding steady at this point. I'm still paying over $700 for good collections. Better collections of larger, well handled root are around $750.

I appreciated everyone who came down to Woodland Outdoors in Freeport last Wednesday, and I'll be heading back again this Wednesday evening between 4 and 6pm.

Call me for more information, or if you need me to pick up your ginseng (in reasonable quantities) 419.651.8158

Map: maps.google.com/maps?q=79550+Freeport+-+...699&t=m&z=16

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 295 guests and no members online

Login