2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to buy older ginseng

Where to buy older ginseng 15 years 7 months ago #220

I am looking for information on meetings or shows where ginseng people gather in different states. I guess there's one in New York, but I heard there are ones in West Virginia which I have no info of. Are there other meets elsewhere or people that have older ginseng as I am in the process of trying to buy older ginseng pieces (50 or older) and would like to establish some contacts. You can e-mail me if you like.

Thanks
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where to buy older ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #374

• Randy Thompson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a few roots that are that old. one that weighed wet2.04 ounces and one at .08 ounces and one more that I did not weigh. I would guess that these are at least 50 years of age.

One of these roots has 29 stem marks but as most know,ginseng does not come up every year. I guess it sometimes lays in the ground for afew years.

I have seperated these roots and they are not fully dried yet but if interested, I can send a photo of each with there weight at this time. They are about 60% dried and I expect them to be fully dried in about one week.

Re:Where to buy older ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #375

• Randy Thompson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I also want to say if anyone is interested, I expect to have a few more roots of this size, Saturday.

I have been digging in one of the best spots in Kentucky I have ever found and I have been digging ginseng for 30 years.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Who's Online

We have 100 guests and no members online

Login