2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: does anyone, anyone, recognize this root?

does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23707

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationI sure do, if this link works.

:angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23709

I'm sure most don't, but this looks like one I sold last season. If it is, well....someone is not telling the truth. If this is not it, it has a twin.

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23716

rickyc wrote:

I'm sure most don't, but this looks like one I sold last season. If it is, well....someone is not telling the truth. If this is not it, it has a twin.

Whether it is or isn't doesn't matter, right (I don't know because I can't remember seeing pics of the root you sold)? As far as I know, it is still illegal to dig before Sept. 1st unless New York has an earlier season than most other areas. Also, it may be being sold before the official Buy/Sell date for Ginseng not to mention that there appears to be no certifcation on the root for export out of the State.

Frank

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23717

We can dig on our own land here anytime, but to sell before start date must fill out a form. Frank you fish Cherokee, Douglas, Boone?

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23718

rickyc wrote:

We can dig on our own land here anytime, but to sell before start date must fill out a form. Frank you fish Cherokee, Douglas, Boone?

I occasionally fish the Cherokee with a friend!

Frank

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23747

I'm not a native born NY'er so I don't know the laws in NY as well as I should. Having said that, I believe it is still illegal to dig ginseng on your own land before September 1st. I have read the NY state laws and can find nothing that states you can dig at anytime on your own property. I'm not trying to start a feud or anything. I would just make absolutely sure it is legal to do so. If you can post the regulations on here that verify being able to dig on ones' own land, that would be appreciated!

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23751

Carl the there are some laws on here on the top left with I believe some contact info.

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23756

If you are suggesting that someone is using your picture in his auctions, that is quasi fraudulent and is certainly a copyright infringement. You might be able to get ebay to pull the auctions.

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23760

Nope, I'm saying I think he bought it with another user name, put it in a bed and this year labeled it as ny seng. Very doable after what I saw when I found the surprise we talked about earlier. Oh well

Re:does anyone, anyone, recognize this root? 10 years 8 months ago #23765

I've read those and they say nothing about being able to dig ginseng on your own property before September 1st. I was wondering if you've been told differently by the proper authorities and if they had given you a copy of the law or a link to it?

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 437 guests and no members online

Login