2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 2013 Dried Ginseng Prices?

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24484

I live trosper ky?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24667

Got a quote for 425/lb dry in irvine Ky. is this very low or about average?

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24675

I'm not a Ky dealer but that sounds low compared to what other Ky dealers are paying for sections closer to the WV line.
Unless it has no top end at all that is a low price...most areas are 500.00 - 600.00 with premium areas like Ny state and some NC Blue Ridge ..700.00 ..although these are somewhat dangerous prices to be paying this early according by some brokers.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24691

Ky seng $450 to $500

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24732

Around 32.50 an oz dry or 525.00 a pound if you need a phone number email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . My dealer said it would go on up some later in the season. Hope this helps you out!

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24745

Its crazy how high its starting out here in western North Carolina as of today they are paying 790 dollars a lb at Richard Smith's in North Cove in McDowell County and 740 and up at Donald Phillip's in Mitchell County.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24748

is Donald and pat (his wife) buying or is that other fellow buying for them this year. I sold to Donald and his wife exclusively for years. Last year some other man was their and he docked my dad.Said his sane was not clean enough. So I went to Smiths cause Donald taught me and dad how to clean it and Donald always said he wish everyone cleaned and dryed their sane like we did.That kind of pissed me off.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24780

I'm not for sure, I've not heard nobody say, I kinda doubt Donald is working but it may be like last year where I think Pat worked some days and the guy from Boone worked other days. One thing about Smith's is they will almost always give you at least ten dollars more a pound than the next highest price anywhere around.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24784

Just sold two dry lbs for $900 . Gonna sell the other 6 n a half on Wednesday my partner also has 6 n a half dry lbs we did great this yr 15 dry lbs.

Re:2013 Dried Ginseng Prices? 10 years 6 months ago #24787

Yeah,but I like to talk with Donald and Pat ,Good conversation is worth a few dollars. I only got to talk with Donald last year at the first of the season. the next time I went by that other guy was their and apparently he had been brought some crappy sane .I ask the price and he said well it depends. lol I know that happens I was over their a few years ago and Donald was covered up with customers with small handfuls . I came in with about four pounds and his eyes lit up. The woman in front of me had about 6 or 7 roots. He rushes through her transaction to get to me. Then weighed mine and looked at me and said wait a minute. went over to the roots he just bought from that woman and picked one up. He broke it and said why in the H--- did I buy that she has dried this with a microwave. He said that mine was the best sane he had seen this week and he reconed he got excited.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 148 guests and no members online

Login