2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tennessee prices?

Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24443

I was just informed buy a buyer that he was about to drop his price. Right now he is paying $11 an once for green. Do you all know of other buyers that might be paying better in the Middle Tennessee area.? Also has anyone else been told that the price is about to drop?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24461

I've called at least 10-11 dealers in TN and all of them are paying around $100-120 a lb wet. If you are getting $11 and ounce wet then you are definitly getting a good deal at that. Who are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24464

Well I sell mine to Tony Stone in Macon county. However as of today he is paying 9 an once he has went down some. He is very good buyer and I enjoy doing business with him but at the same time just making sure I'm getting a good deal.

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24466

That's a really good price for that area, I grew up and hunted for years just northeast of Gainesboro which is not far from there at all. When I lived up that way I always took mine to David Gipson in Celina TN. He used to pay more than anyone in that area but I haven't sold any to him in 6-7 years since I moved west.

Keep in mind too, with all that rain we got this year the season is very good but that also means more ginseng to be found and sold which puts the demand down and the result is a lower price. I do think it will stay low for a while but I think if we don't get some rain soon, that price may very well go back up pretty quick.

I plan on drying everything I find and waiting around til late October or early November to sell in hopes of higher price. I've only dug around 2.5-3 wet pounds so far which I am hoping will dry out close to a pound.

Here is David's number 931-243-2131, I just spoke to him and he is paying $112 lb green right now but pretty sure will go up to $120-140 come monday. If you don't sharing I may be interested in selling to the person you mentioned, do you have a contact info for them?

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24475

Hey Tennessee folks...

If in the Southern Middle TN area, and not to far from Pulaski TN - I would suggest you check out Glen Brady - 931-363-4083.

I have a buyer in my home county but Glen usually beats him out anywhere from 20.00-40.00 per pound. I have called every dealer (in years past) within 50 miles of my home and none have ever offered me what Glen does.

It is a little trip for me over to Pulaski, but when I have enough to make it worth my drive I sure check with Glen before selling to my local guy.

He is a real nice older fellow and about the only one that I could really recommend around here.

Good Luck to us all this year.

Hope it hits 800.00 by November :-)

TNhunter

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24480

I'm not but maybe an hour from there, I've heard mention of him but never could get a contact number. Thanks TN, will definitly check with him.

Just curious TN, you east or west of there?

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24513

GI...

I am West of Pulaski.

TNhunter

Re:Tennessee prices? 10 years 7 months ago #24518

I called Glen yesterday, you are right, he is currently paying quite a bit more than others in this area, thank you for that number. We can't be too far apart, I'm just minutes from the Tennessee river. Most of the better places I have found to hunt around here are close to the river, seems the farther west you go the harder it is to find and the smaller the roots. If you ever need a partner, tag along, or just someone to go with you to a new site or something let me know would love to go. I have yet to find anyone in this area that goes. I just moved out here a few years back and when I go it's always by myself. Still can't convince the wife that our 7 year old is big enough to go but eventually maybe.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and no members online

Login