2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Price Quote here in VA

Price Quote here in VA 10 years 6 months ago #24981

Talked to a local buyer today and he said he was going to start buying this weekend. He said his prices were going to be anywhere from $650-$800/lb depending on quality and grade. I know nothing about grading ginseng and was just curious if some of you more experienced guys/gals could tell me a little about the grading process. I'm guessing it has to do with size of root/damage/feeder roots/age/handling etc, but if you could elaborate I'd appreciate it. He said this was the first year he'd ever graded it and I'm curious as to what that involves. I'd like to get as much as possible, like everybody else, and this guy has about the best prices I've heard so far.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price Quote here in VA 10 years 6 months ago #25028

650dry 220green you don't want to grade your seng, you'll lose money. if it's good seng they can grade it the way they want.

Re:Price Quote here in VA 10 years 5 months ago #25282

two guys in front of me selling sang. first had a hand full and was paid $650 lb, about $40 for what he had. the next was offered $100 lb because it had broken hairs and was dried wrong. he dried it in a small paper bag and it wasn't clean. was told he should have dried it in a shallow cardboard box put up high like on a refrig. he had about a bunch as big as a roll of toilet paper. as I was digging my cohosh I marked where I seen sang and dug it now. I'm glad I seen what happened. I picked out what I wanted to sell and chopped up the rest for my own use. I also kept the stems and leaves to make tea from it. It has to come out of the ground without any damage. the guy I sell to was nice to the guy and told him who might give him more for it. if you call him he will explain what you need to know. see price list Va. Bot. in misc root section of this site for his number.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 731 guests and no members online

Login