2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama???

Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama??? 10 years 6 months ago #24988

Iv'e been digging for the last 20 years, and I only know of one dealer here in Alabama. Does anyone know of any dealers other than Mr Campbell in Gurley? I know of other guys selling to dealers in Ga. and Tn. but Iv'e always heard it was illegal to sell Ginseng from one state to a dealer in another.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama??? 10 years 6 months ago #25165

There are seven ginseng dealers in Alabama this year. Call the Alabama Dept. of Agriculture at (334) 240-7225. Mrs. Donna Kirk is the lady you need to talk to. She can email you a list of these dealers with their contact info.

Re:Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama??? 10 years 6 months ago #25181

Mississippi wrote:

There are seven ginseng dealers in Alabama this year. Call the Alabama Dept. of Agriculture at (334) 240-7225. Mrs. Donna Kirk is the lady you need to talk to. She can email you a list of these dealers with their contact info.

Thank you very much!

Re:Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama??? 10 years 6 months ago #25188

naildriver111 wrote:

Iv'e been digging for the last 20 years, and I only know of one dealer here in Alabama. Does anyone know of any dealers other than Mr Campbell in Gurley? I know of other guys selling to dealers in Ga. and Tn. but Iv'e always heard it was illegal to sell Ginseng from one state to a dealer in another.

It is not illegal if the Dealers in GA and TN are licensed to buy Ginseng roots in Alabama! If they are not licensed to do so, then yes, it is illegal to sell roots dug in Alabama to them and illegal for them to buy roots dug in Alabama from diggers.

Frank

Re:Is there only one Ginseng dealer in Alabama??? 10 years 6 months ago #25221

Bottom line is Ginseng roots in commerce cannot legally cross States lines with out certificates of origin issued by the States from which they were originally harvested in.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 309 guests and no members online

Login