2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: who has these roots?!

who has these roots?! 10 years 6 months ago #25027

Looking for roots like these dried in the image Attached to this post. Please email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Will be buying large quantities.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25070

Arn't we all? ;)

(those look to be a might broken up though) Where are you located?

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25075

Im located in oregon. Which I will fly over to buy ginseng on the eastcoast. B castle where are you located

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25081

Ohio

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25082

Do you have dried roots that look like this? I pay a pretty good amount of money for these per pound.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25094

Mine are pretty much already spoken for.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25285

those look like the $100 a lb roots I seen offered for sell. they are not good from what I seen at the place I sell cohosh. just trying to help you seng diggers know what the market is doing now. has to come out of the ground without any damage. dried properly.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25290

I don't think the roots are broke. Looks like the feeder roots and necks(curls) have been trimmed. What is the white object in the picture? I'm surs it is for size comparison.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25291

It would help if you mentioned what size and age ginseng you are looking for. With ginseng age doesn't always mean the ginseng root will be big.

Re:who has these roots?! 10 years 5 months ago #25293

FWHedrick,

I agree with you. Those roots have already been processed to where the root neck and smaller feeder / root hair roots off the main truck have been broken off.

They do that over in China.

Our wild roots that we take so much time with trying to get out without breaking a single root hair off, they break them up and sell them in parts like that.

Seems a little crazy to me, but I have heard that different parts of the root are thought to be good for different health issues. The neck for one thing, the main trunk for another, the smaller branch and hair roots for something else...

I think we all have a lot of nice roots (all those who harvest wild here) but our wild roots are going to look much more like the one below. If someone wanted them to look like those in the picture they would have to break them up to accomplish that.

TNhunter
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 288 guests and no members online

Login