2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ebay?

ebay? 10 years 6 months ago #25427

I went to sell a dry pound in Illinois today, was up to 625.00 per pound. I however pulled out two of my bigger roots, and I was kind of wondering if it is okay to list them on ebay.

I know some other people have some listed, but didn't know if you need a special license to sell it online or what, specially across state lines.

My roots were 10.7 grams and 8.6 in the shape of a person. Are those even worth any extra? Kind of my first serious year selling so not sure. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ebay? 10 years 6 months ago #25429

To legally sell it, the ginseng must be certified. Without seeing the roots it would be hard to say for sure wether or not it will be worthwhile, but I would say probably not unless you have a man shaped root or a 4 or 5 inch neck on it, or something similar..

Anything and everything is only worth what you can get out of it. I know that I have seen quite a few man shaped roots this year and havent gotten anything extra for them. And although I recieve requests from folks asking to buy ginseng each year, I have yet to recieve a request especially for a man shaped root. I have seen them occassionally seen them bring fairly high prices on ebay though.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 405 guests and no members online

Login