2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy

Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 6 months ago #25464

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hello everyone

I will not post prices here on the forum as a few years back there was so much division in a similar thread that it grieved my Spirit and people who I respect where hammered so let me say this.

Call me at 606-302-1187 for prices or e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also I want to say this as of this far into the buying season. I am pleased with the prices and I do think that the diggers are being treated fairly and I thank the Lord for that.

Also my prices are strong in all three States as my buyer is competitive this season.

Many have asked me this so I will answer it here for you all.

There is coming a drop in prices that is no lie, but after it drops it will slowly go back up and possibly be higher than it is before the drop, now that is a gamble but it is possible. So I would not let no dealer scare me into to selling it before the drop. Unless I was satisfied with the price, every man has got to judge where he is happy to be for himself and if you are not happy then it is just a gamble that you must take sometimes you win and sometimes you loose, but decide by your own decision and not another's then no one is responsible but you. Many will tell you that it will drop and I to believe that it will, but what is not told is that it will come back up and it will. Now how far it will come back up I do not know but I think it will get where it is and maybe do better and if you take that gamble you may be glad that you did but I can not promise that, and that is the truth.

I have no crystal ball and I can not predict where the highest price will end up late in the season, but I do believe that we have a good season and that all of us diggers will be treated fair this season.

Please call me or e-mail to ask any questions I did not post this for debate on the site. I posted it because you all know I will not lie to you and to let you know what to expect. And Let us respect one another.

Psa_138:6 Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 6 months ago #25469

Thanks Billy! You're a fine feller. I don't have a root of dry, as I went all green this year. If I loose alittle so be it, I have had a good year! You may not remember but I have spoke with you on the phone a couple times.

God Bless

Rick

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 6 months ago #25483

Thank ya Billy, it's been nice talking to you over the past couple of weeks, I hope I don't get on your nerves calling you twice a week to check prices. You're honesty is why I will be makeing an hours drive to meet you to sell this year.
In todays times its hard to find an honest man, to where his hand shake and good word can be taking to the bank.
Rodney

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 6 months ago #25493

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Guys I truly appreciate your words I will always do my best to live by them.

You never aggravate me calling it is how to know what's going on.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 5 months ago #25715

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Prices are good here in KY also my prices are strong in TN and VA as well

To all of my friends here if you get ready to sell check with me I do have license for all 3 states
and I may be able to help you meet your goal this season. I have more room than usal.

e-mail - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone - 606-302-1187

I am very busy if I miss a call leave your no# I will try to return all calls
If you can e-mail I will see that each night

Thank you

Billy.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 5 months ago #26071

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Prices are good here in KY also my prices are strong in TN and VA as well

To all of my friends here if you get ready to sell check with me I do have license for all 3 states
and I may be able to help you meet your goal this season. I have more room than usal.

e-mail - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone - 606-302-1187

Thank you

Billy.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 4 months ago #26666

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys today I will do something that I hardly ever do for many reasons and that is give you all my ending price for this season on the site.

I never know this myself until my International buyer calls me for the last buying week each year.

He called me today and filled me in on the market and our peak for buying is from now until the 1st so after the 1st I will stop buying dry wild ginseng for 2013.

Understand this is the peak for Taylors Ginseng and my Buyer - I am not referring to or including no other dealers they are all different from me. I speak for me only, all others finish time and peak time may be different and vary from mine, that being said.

I am going to buy at this price until December 1st then I am going to close the dry ginseng buying for this season out. And finally get to go do some serious Hunting and Crappie fishing. I have worked 73 days straight without a day off.

I will be paying $900.00 a pound dry as of today 11-21-13 starting at 3.00 P.M. for top quality dry ginseng and going through December 1st 2013 this price will be good.

What I mean by top quality is ginseng that has been dug properly and washed before it was dried and that is still in good over all condition not broking all to peace's now I know that some peace's will be damaged digging no matter how hard we try but the over all lot should not be busted up if handled and dried properly and ginseng that has not been picked and separated out the lot as it is dug and dried each day.

I do not make a difference in the amount I pay if a digger has a lot or a smaller amount as I feel that is unfair to a good digger that just does not have the amount of time to go as others do. So if you have 10 pound or 3 ounces and it is in good condition your 3 ounces is worth as much as 10 pounds to me per ounce, so then $900.00 a pd $56.25 a ounce is top price for good seng whether it is 3 ounces or 50 pounds please do not ask me what if I have 20 pounds it will not make a difference because to me it is unfair and wrong to treat people differently just because they may not have as good of places or as much time to dig as others, truth is good ginseng is good ginseng no matter the amount. I hope that does not offend any one.

- LAST NOTE - If you have Damaged badly, unwashed dry ginseng, or very small ginseng not a good lot

Then I can not pay that price for it and would have to adjust for the difference and the price would be based according to the condition it is in.

I buy in KY: TN: & VA The price is good for all three States.

Call me at 606-302 1187

e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best to all and Lord bless

Billy.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 4 months ago #26673

Billy,

Is your Buyer in Newport still buying Ginseng! If so, what is he paying and what is his' telephone number and name? I wrote the information down but apparently lost it!

Thanks!

Frank

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 4 months ago #26676

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Call me Frank 606-302-1187

Billy.

Re:Kentucky TN & VA Wild Ginseng Prices by Billy 10 years 4 months ago #26727

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys we (Taylors Ginseng Roots& Herbs)are done buying wild ginseng for the season as of 12-03-13

(except large dealer to dealer deals if that opportunity arises as it sometimes does from time to time)

We have had the best Season that we have ever had in buying and selling. We got to pay more for both fresh and dry wild ginseng than we have ever been able to before. I was even impressed by some deals that we where able to make, the Lord has blessed this season for everyone.

I was very happy to see the diggers and the dealers have a good season together.

Our big root contest turned out awesome this season for all three states.

My thanks to all who have been our customers in the years past and for the new customers this year that was added and the relationships that we have formed. We will always remain to be fair and do all that we can for our diggers because we are diggers also. If it ever gets to where we can not do that then I will no longer be a dealer, but at this present time all is well and looks good for next season.

Thanks to all three States KY: VA: & TN: to all of the diggers everywhere.

Now I am going Hunting Praise the Lord : o )

Billy.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 466 guests and no members online

Login