2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: license for ginseng

license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2586

• dirtslinger
  • dirtslinger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What kind of license do you need to be able to sell rootlets and seeds.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2587

• KY DIGGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If you are in KY, you can call the department of argiculture. I would think you would just need a dealers license. This will not cost you a dime.

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2591

• dirtslinger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm in indiana.Emailed DNR they really don't know what i am talking about,still working with them.There has to be ginseng farms on here that sell seed and rootlets.What type of license do you guys have. I just want to be legal.

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2606

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a regular dealers license. Every state is different. Thier are about 14 states that have no program at all.

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2614

• dirtslinger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks,kydigger That maybe all i need.Just want to make sure. LOL

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2982

• pinkdogwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
VA , U dont need a license, just permission from landowner if U arent the landowner. I dont trust the fact that someone from state office wanted me to have someone \"inspect\" my patch where the wild plants grow. I am letting them sit for another year or two, since there is so much poaching in VA and I am not
trusting anyone in any office from giving out my info.

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #3027

Indiana Ginseng Law and Regulations | Print | E-mail

? No license is required to dig wild ginseng on private land in Indiana, but the property owner?s permission must be obtained.

? A Ginseng Dealer?s License is required to buy ginseng from harvesters or other dealers for resale or export from the state of Indiana.

? The harvest season for wild ginseng in Indiana is September 1 to December 31 and the selling season is September 1 to March 31 of the next year.

? Indiana state law requires all harvested plants to have at least 3 prongs and a flowering or fruiting stalk present. All harvested plants must also have at least 4 bud scars (?internodes?) on the neck (?rhizome?).

? Indiana requires that mature fruits and seeds be planted in the vicinity where the plant was dug and in a manner that encourages germination.

? Ginseng may not be harvested on state land in Indiana, including all properties managed by the state?s Dept. of Natural Resources.

? The Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Nature Preserves, serves as the state?s ginseng coordinator, and can be reached at (317) 232-4052 or:

402 W. Washington St., Rm W-267
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2739

? Collection of ginseng is not allowed in the Hoosier National Forest. Contact Hoosier National Forest by calling (812) 547-7051 or via mail:

248 15th Street

This was found to the left under state laws.

This site answers any question pretainin to sang.

Guy

Re:license for ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #3035

• trapper7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here in MN you don't need a license to grow or sell ginseng as long as you sell it in the state of MN. If you intend to sell it out of state it needs to be certified by a conservation officer and a license has to be purchased at a cost of $5.00 per year.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 137 guests and no members online

Login