2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Needing some advice....

Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27383

Okay, here's the deal... I live in Mississippi, there are no dealers at all. So my choice, my only choice is to sell out of state. Here's where it gets tricky... Should I choose Alabama, Arkansas, or Tennessee. I am aware that I must have the proper legal work for my state, and for the state of my choice before selling.. Which state should I choose? I am new about this stuff. I haven't dug up any yet. I was just searching for some dealer info before I plan too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27385

Welcome to the forum, Farawaysis!

No dealers in MIss? Hmmm.. I had not thought about that a'tall. If you are closer to Tenn, and the other two states.. I likely choose that state. Just for the travel component. Getting the proper formswork done is another story.

Have you checked with your State's regulations, as to what you must do to sell out of state? If not, I'd start there.

Re:Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27386

Yes, I did... I know the proper steps I need to take now & it was really hard to get this info. Thanks for the Welcoming! Out of those 3 states, could 1 pay higher than the other, or are they all pretty much the same when it come to the pay?

Re:Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27389

I had the same problem last year. There's only one buyer in MS

Re:Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27390

You're going to run into several problems. Alabama dealers can't buy MS ginseng. TN and ARK can't either. It's perfectly legal for you to harvest and sell it. It's just not legal for them to buy uncertified ginseng from another state. It stinks...

Re:Needing some advice.... 10 years 1 month ago #27391

But the real problem is Mississippi isn't one of the 19 states with a ginseng program approved by the USFWS and Cites. What this ultimately means is that ginseng from MS can't legally be exported out of the United States.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 684 guests and no members online

Login