2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marketing differences... USA vs Oriental view?

Marketing differences... USA vs Oriental view? 9 years 10 months ago #28247

I have read and re-read the post from Schuey, and all of the comments. Pretty interesting reading, really. there are disparate points of view there... and I thought that it might be paticularily useful to discuss it.

Anyone want to chime in? Sine most of our product is going to China, then perhaps we could understand our purchasers better.

there's been a lot of discussion about cultivated vs wild appearance... and some of that is certainly factoring in on all that we raise. Some of

Schuey's comments were talking from the oriental point of view.... I'm curious about other appearances that the Chinese may be looking for. Being a believer in: \"Be the price setter, not just the price takers.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Marketing differences... USA vs Oriental view? 9 years 10 months ago #28266

I agree Whitjr. When you have travelled in China and spoken with Chinese exponoents of TCM and those who really know ginseng then you must realise that what you are selling and what the market is buying
---- may be different. I encourage you to look at this youtube video which not only shows the marketing of the top trophy roots but look carefully at the features of these roots.

Re:Marketing differences... USA vs Oriental view? 9 years 9 months ago #28468

Pretty interesting YouTube vid. I don't plan on having any 115 year old root to sell, however. I would have like to see some 10 year old root that was being offeredp up for sale. Like some market for the Roots, or something with some discussion as the why's and why-nots....

Anyone have another point of view about what our end-users want?

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 344 guests and no members online

Login