2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selling on Ebay

Selling on Ebay 9 years 7 months ago #30037

Can an individual sell ginseng on Ebay without a dealers license? If yes, can it be shipped legally across state lines? I see a lot of it for sale now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Selling on Ebay 9 years 7 months ago #30039

natureflixs wrote:

Can an individual sell ginseng on Ebay without a dealers license? If yes, can it be shipped legally across state lines? I see a lot of it for sale now.

I am not totally sure but I believe you can sell Ginseng roots on eBay if they have been certified. However, since Ginseng Dealers as far as I know, are the only ones authorized to get Ginseng roots certified through the appropriate sources within a State (i.e. Ag Department or other designated agency), you would have to contract through a Ginseng Dealer to have the roots certified before they could be sold on eBay. The fresh roots being sold on eBay right now and which have been sold on eBay for a month or more now, were dug illegally and are being sold illegally, mostly by individuals that are unaware of the Laws or by individuals that are aware of the Laws but are willing to risk jail time and fines to make money.

Frank

Re:Selling on Ebay 9 years 7 months ago #30067

Frank speeks the truth...

Re:Selling on Ebay 9 years 7 months ago #30130

You might consider contacting the Ginseng Program coordinator in your state.
They are very likely listed under State Ginseng Laws on this site.
Meanwhile I agree that Huntsman53 has given you some sound advise.
It is safer to ask permission than to expect forgiveness in most situations regarding Ginseng.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 555 guests and no members online

Login