2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Packaging for Shipment

Packaging for Shipment 9 years 7 months ago #30571

What would be the best way to package roots for shipment so that they are not damaged? I thought about arranging in several layers with bubble wrap in a box so one layer does not touch another or individually wrapping each root. Its only about 6 ounces of roots. Will be shipped USPS priority mail.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Packaging for Shipment 9 years 7 months ago #30585

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/how_to2.html

For dry ginseng, I start with a layer of peanuts then a plastic bag in which the roots go. I make sure to leave about 2 inches or more on all sides and fill this with peanuts as I fill the bag with ginseng.

Re:Packaging for Shipment 9 years 7 months ago #30589

BCastle wrote:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/how_to2.html

For dry ginseng, I start with a layer of peanuts then a plastic bag in which the roots go. I make sure to leave about 2 inches or more on all sides and fill this with peanuts as I fill the bag with ginseng.

Brad,

I have never shipped Ginseng roots, so I did not want to comment. Also, I was unsure as to whether the O.P. was referring to dried or green roots. If you have a method for shipping green roots, maybe you could post it as well. It may be beneficial to others seeking the information!

Thanks!

Frank

Re:Packaging for Shipment 9 years 7 months ago #30592

Thanks, it is dry ginseng.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 622 guests and no members online

Login