2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!!

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31402

Enjoy it while it lasts. I would say its just around the corner to shutting down. Too many officials want it to happen anyway and all the new digging and poaching just makes it worse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31405

huntsman53 wrote:

That's a good one K_duce!

On another note, we are not the only one's that are up in the air about Appalachian Outlaws (see the link below for an article by the AHPA). However, with the show to air episodes for a second Season, it is apparent that all of the criticism, complaints, calls, emails, Facebook messages and tweets on Twitter, have fell on deaf ears!

www.ahpa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=432

Frank, beware of those guys also.
Thats the pot calling the kettle black, They are not in it to save anything except to line their pockets with grant money. Its a good association run amuck. A few dealers that visit this site are also members but the upper staff only seem concerned with raising monies for frivolus researh papers based on confusion in the industry. Trying to become an authority on regional seed banks for ginseng is where they are headed, only real end to that is some new regulations leading to anyone who wants to plant and raise wild-simulated must submit a request to them and then buy only seeds approved by them for your region...
just sayin

Also he who got shamed by apha also stated to me on the outlaw thread in a matter of fact way that he was a member,
its easy to follow the money in this industry.

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31433

I've been a digger for 43 years. There's many different things hunting the plant. One of those may be the tv shows. I would also venture to say individuals bragging and posting pictures of their find all over the Internet does not help. This post is not intended to upset anyone, just saying.

Beyond that, I would say government involvement has done more to hurt it than anything. Think about this. They waged war on alcohol, drove it underground. Waged war on drugs and illegal and legal drug use is more prevalent today in my community than ever. They waged war on poverty and we have more people below the poverty line in my state than ever before. Ginseng has always been used by the poor people as a means for them to provide for their family.

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31451

I like it! If you go into production with it, I'll take two!

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31452

Thanks for posting that link.

I reviewed it, and there apparently are many who like the idea of that show. They think they are doing something correctly. I didn't read one comment about husbandry, planting practices or any of the things we discuss here.

Re:TV SHOW HURTING GINSENG!! 9 years 7 months ago #31453

Again, thanks for posting these details.

Money talks, ethics walk.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and no members online

Login