2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: N.C. dry price rumor

N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 7 months ago #31165

I spoke with one dealer today .He said he was not yet buying dry so he would not quote me a price on dry.He did say he had heard that some dealers were paying up to $800. This scares me on account of novice diggers getting excited and selling to soon,Or the dealers hollering the market is flooded and dropping their paying price a little later in the season. I was thinking around thanksgiving is usually close to peak pricing.Do you recon they are going to change the game this year?It would be a good strategy to make more profit.I don't think the dealers themselves know everything on the market but their big buyers could Know a lot more .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31517

I'm in NC also I haven't called the first dealer yet. I do know that the Chinese came to a lot of the dealers the last couple days looking at what is coming in so far. Where is the dealer located that is up to $800 dry rite now? I'm looking for dealers in NC. I was in VA and always sold to a dealer up that way. I've dug some nice sang this year I believe it to be better than VA any help in NC would be great

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31522

I had spoken with Robyn Fletcher in Avery County. He said he had not started buying dry yet but he had Heard that some of the other NC dealers were paying up to $800 a pound. Thats why I labled this tread {Rumor} so far No one has confirmed this.It seems that Price is a touchy Issue this season.I will hold out til last of November. that will help the market if lots of folks will do that also.I Hope they do I have walked more this season than any other and have less to show for it.To beat it all some Knothead beat me to several good spots.

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31548

I have spoken with the buyer in North Cove(McDowell County) 800 dry and 220 green.That's the highest I have heard of in my neck of the woods.

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31760

I've called couple places in VA and both were at 650 dry.... Sounds like NC is a better paying state like vt and ny is this because quality of sang?? I'm in NC and looking for a good buyer. Is 800 dry going price for this guy? What about high quality old long neck bulby and narly root approximate 5 lbs. I've always sold in VA so looking for buyers in NC

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31768

If I were you I would just hold on til around the last of November.If you are hard up just sell enough to get you by til then. If tradition holds true the price will increase around Thanksgiving . If to many people sell they will put more in the market and the price can fall.I have got $20 or so more per pound when they look at my sane and see the quality and care I put into it but they wont tell you anything until they see it.Lots like this In most cases bring me top advertised dollar or a little more.
Attachments:

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31798

XL, I agree with Wise1 completely, try to hold out if possible to at least week of thanksgiving. Prices change daily and you can get a list of all dealers in NC with their telephone # Under the Ginseng Dealer section on the left side of wildgrown webpage.

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31799

I do agree with holding on to it for a while. I've always done that and its almost always went up. This is first time I've hunted since 2008 and before that around 2003, so I've missed these better prices but I'm hoping for it to pay off this year. The places I've know had sang hasn't been touched in around 20 years so I dug some really nice sang this season, but definitely gonna hold on to it for a few weeks. 800 is tempting considering all the yrs I dug top price was around 350-400

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31806

If I sold at 800 that would be the highest I've ever sold at, with that being said, I think, that we the diggers need to dictate the price not the buyers. What if no one sold at all, what would the prices go up to after a year or so of doing that? I know that seng is away of life for alot of folks icluding myself it is my Christmas money, I depend on it for that. But what if we all just held on and siad we're not selling till prices are what we want?

Re:N.C. dry price rumor 9 years 6 months ago #31811

I agree 100%!! If you can hold and the Chinese see very little coming in they won't have no choice but to raise the price up. Its if you got enough you will still buy at the rite price witch will be at a lower price and if you don't have enough and need it you will be willing to pay more. Simple science!! Sang could easily go to $1500+.... I'm willing to hold mine for that kind of money

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 295 guests and no members online

Login