2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Middle Tennessee Prices 2014

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31679

I called my local buyer today here In middle Tennessee. He is paying 560 a pound dry. However he also said he would be dropping his prices by the end of the week. Anyone have any idea on what's going on to cause this? Normally, the prices go up as the season gets older.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31687

Chinese aren't buying. Got all dealers worried!

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31703

Thanks for the replay rootman. I've read lots of articles about the concern about a flooded market. Being a farmer, I always say ginseng is just like farming the prices are up and down depending on the supply.(Basic economics) Anyone have any suggestion on what a feller should do get the most money this season for his hard work? Also any speculation on what is store for the remainder of this season as far as price. I normally try to hold on to mine until Novemeber. Also I noticed there is only one dealer listed on the page for Tennessee, if anyone has any more names and numbers of honest and trustworthy dealers in the area I would sure appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31710

I got a list from the state of Tennessee, with all the dealers names and phone number.
Just send an email asking for the dealer list to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31712

rootman wrote:

Chinese aren't buying. Got all dealers worried!

They always buy, just playing games

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31718

The Chinese are CERTAINLY buying and in abundance !! My four buyers are all Chinese....oh, they are buying alright....The word id if you have dry seng SELL IT IMMEDIATELY for max dollar....good luck this season yall

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31722

Vermontshang wrote:

The Chinese are CERTAINLY buying and in abundance !! My four buyers are all Chinese....oh, they are buying alright....The word id if you have dry seng SELL IT IMMEDIATELY for max dollar....good luck this season yall

Dry prices are going to drop??

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31732

The green market for well dug and handled roots is still good but it's the dry market that is questionable. My buyer that bought and sold about 3 thousand lbs. last year is still waiting on any bids or hits for the dry roots. I really don't know what a person should do. The dry price in Ky is from $500 to $600. Is this going to drop? Probably will, until the Chinese start their bidding. We will have to wait and see.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #31748

Hi all. I am new to this but I am very interested in buying from TN dealers. If anyone is interested please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Thanks!

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #32539

My local buyer that started off at 600.00 this year... then a few weeks later went on up to 700.00..

I heard today that he is back down to 500.00 now.

That is a little discouraging... but I am going to hang on and hope for higher prices later on.

TNhunter

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Who's Online

We have 395 guests and no members online

Login