2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Middle Tennessee Prices 2014

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #32686

TN I've talked to a few buyers in West TN and almost all of them are not buying at all right now. However, I just got of the phone with Mr. Bradey in Pulaski and he says long as it's good seng he's paying $600 lb dry and about $170 lb wet. I asked him about the market and he says there are some dealers that are having trouble selling to the Chinese but he's not having any issues moving his and he does expect the price will go back up before the season is over completely.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #32689

That sounds good GI.

Thanks for the update.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 6 months ago #32708

thanks for the update..guess it aint all gloom and doom like some say.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #33558

Hey Middle TN folks...

My seng is getting close to being dry enough to sell now so I called a few buyers this evening to get a price check.

One of them is not buying right now. He is the guy that started offering 700.00 early on and I think he ended up with too much at too high a price... so he has stopped buying for a few days (that is what he said).

I called another over in Waynesboro TN and he was out... his wife could not give me a price but said she would have him call me back when he gets home and give me a price then.

I did get thru to Glen Brady over in Pulaski TN (931-363-4083) and he just told me 630.00/lb.

I tried to get him to speculate on what direction the price might be heading (up or down) and he just said it is looking good now, but would not try to predict what might happen by Thanksgiving.

630.00 is not bad... but I think I will hold mine a little longer and see what it does.

If I hear back from the dealer in Waynesboro... I will update and post what price he is offering.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #33559

The Chinese will be here around the end of the month it should start coming up in the next month or two.
That's why all the dealers backed off on buying the first week of season it wasn't that there was a flood of root .just no one here to buy it ...It's going to get better;)

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #33560

The fellow from Waynsboro TN (Jack) just called me back.. and he said best he could do now would be around 590.00 but he is supposed to meet with his buyer this weekend and his price might go up after that.

That is about what I normally see with the buyers around here... Glen over in Pulaski is usually 30-40.00 per pound higher than they are.

I am going to hold it for now... and just keep an eye on the price every week or two and see how it goes.

Jack from Waynsboro said it is not unusual for the price to peak between Thanksgiving and Dec 10.

We'll see.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #33578

Little update..

I got a call back from Jack in Waynesboro TN this evening and after meeting with his buyer today he called and offered 625.00.

He was at 590.00 so that is a nice move in the right direction.

I think holding for now is the right thing to do. It seems to be moving on up.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 5 months ago #33773

I just called Glenn in Pulaski and Jack in Waynesboro and they both told me the same thing.

Price drop, or stall out at this point, and their market looking iffy...

Glenn was at 630.00, but offered 620.00 this evening. Jack seemed a little more spooked and said he only had a few pounds on hand now and he was worried about buying much more at this point.

Evidently most of the seng they have been selling was going to two large Chinese buyers and one of those has filled their order (got their boat load) and is pulling out.. which leaves no competition for the other and so they are expecting the bottom to drop on the price.

I was expecting good news from this check up on price... but did not turn out that way.

Anyone else heard from Tennessee buyers lately ?

I don't like the sound of this.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 4 months ago #33857

My Nephew called and talked to Glen over in Pulaski today and his price has moved from 630.00 down to 520.00

Another local buyer here in my County is not buying..

Jack over in Waynesboro offered 635.00 today.

I don't like the mixed signals getting now, especially with Glen going down on his price. He is usually my best option.

Think I am going to go with my Nephew tomorrow to Jack in Waynesboro and sell.

635.00 is sounding pretty good right now.

TNhunter

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 4 months ago #33860

Evening TN,
If you do go over to the buyer's place and sell, would you take some pictures while you're there, if it's alright with him. We rarely have any diggers to photograph the sales events.
I hope you get a good price.

Hugh

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 621 guests and no members online

Login