2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: update on prices in ky

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33430

james wrote:

paintsville stockyard paying 550 and 600 ,in grayson ky two dealers paying 600 or more .. dont give it away for 500 a lot of work to just give it away for 500,,,, some say Ky. prices still at $500 across the state just to get it ,

i taked to two dealers from lewis county and carter county both are at 600

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33433

Your extra nice seng was bringing that but I'm talking average seng prices. All seng is not equal.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33437

All ginseng is not equal and all dealers prices are not equal on the same ginseng.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33440

I understand, I'm simply posting prices quoted to me this morning.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33441

From what I have heard and the dealers I have called $600. is closer to the price being paid at this time. There are dozens of buyers in KY and if you want to sell for less there are plenty that will buy it.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33525

KYsang wrote:

From what I have heard and the dealers I have called $600. is closer to the price being paid at this time. There are dozens of buyers in KY and if you want to sell for less there are plenty that will buy it.

A lot of ginseng being sold at $600 right now.
I wonder what Paintsville did Saturday?

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33528

WARCREEK,
So the TV show inspired newbies are venturing far off the road deep in the woods too? I was hoping they would stay close to the road and not venture deep into the mountains where the big stuff is hiding. Man I am sorry to hear what you are saying. I am sure you worked hard to get 10 lbs. Not a good story unfolding in front of us. It makes me sick to think of what is happening.
Latt

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33530

Latt wrote:

WARCREEK,
So the TV show inspired newbies are venturing far off the road deep in the woods too? I was hoping they would stay close to the road and not venture deep into the mountains where the big stuff is hiding. Man I am sorry to hear what you are saying. I am sure you worked hard to get 10 lbs. Not a good story unfolding in front of us. It makes me sick to think of what is happening.
Latt

I don't care how far off the road they go. I'm saying they are \"clear cutting\" the ginseng. They are digging 3 leafs, 2 prongs, every little thing they find. Veteran diggers only dig the \"big stuff\" and let the \"future\" grow. We actually have over 13 lbs of GOOD seng. The person we sell to every year I called last night and they are giving $625 per lb. $650 for the \"GOOD\" stuff.

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33534

WARCREEK,
Also it must be nice to have enough land where you can dig 13 lbs of good ginseng. You must have permission to hunt thousands of acres. Good for you.
Latt

Re:update on prices in ky 9 years 4 months ago #33549

Latt wrote:

WARCREEK,
Also it must be nice to have enough land where you can dig 13 lbs of good ginseng. You must have permission to hunt thousands of acres. Good for you.
Latt

I'm not exactly sure of the number yet, but between my uncle, my cousin and myself, we'll probably have close to 20 pounds of dried root. I couldn't tell you how many acres we walk over each year to get that much, but we cover some ground. My uncle is retired, so he is the one that digs 60%-70% of that quantity. What helps him out is when he's digging yellow root in the spring and summer, if he finds some ginseng, he'll mark those babies in his GPS and tell them, \"See you in a few months.\"

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 337 guests and no members online

Login