2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: National harvest volume

National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33581

Any word out yet on harvest volume this year? And how do you think it will influence next years pricing . Heard buzz next year we will be lucky to see $500 to$600 top prices.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33582

That's all your paying this year so...

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33584

I have paid as low as $500 and as high as$800 depending on quality and volume.

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33587

We really won't know about volume until end of buying season but I have already bought and sold more than I did last year.
From what I've been hearing the prices for next year will be a little lower than this year prices.

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33592

Thanks rootman . The same hear in Georgia higher weights than last year at this same time. Can't help but drive price down for next year. I am having to be much more picky this year as well . Seen a lot or ruined ginseng this year as well .

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33594

Does anyone truly know what is going to happen in 2015? I seem to remember when this season started there was talk about record high prices. Look where we are now. Pricing is flat with very little movement. Now we have people telling us next year will be weak for ginseng pricing. I'm just going to keep doing what I like to do, and in the end, whether it's a little or a lot, I'll put a little cash in my pocket.

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33595

we dont know what the price will be next week let alone next year some dealers are saying next year will bring low prices but they only wish to scare you into selling now use your own head and sort out the bullshit from fact

Re:National harvest volume 9 years 5 months ago #33598

Yeah I remember hearing about low prices and all last year in the beginning and ended up selling at $1250 per dry pound on dec 5th... I am waiting till after turkey day to see where its at like usual. Good luck to all.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 535 guests and no members online

Login