2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great Northern Ginseng Company

Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33583

Anybody ever have any dealings with this guy ? Korshack is his name. Been hearing his buying up the sang early for so high of a price is what's stalled out the price here in NC?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33593

Had no dealings with him. Many dealers were paying more than they could sell for early, believing the price would continue to rise. Didn't count on all the product already on the market . We as dealers must learn to trust and pay attention to our buyers . If we get hung out financially trying to drive the market we can't serve our diggers, which turns into lost customers. Hard lessons all the way around this year .

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33603

i sold to him last year. seems like a great guy. he was giving 200 a lb more than everybody else late in season. to me its about the price .if local dealers want to hold down the price then there goin to lose my sang. I seriously doubt one man has anything to do with controlling the market. I plan on selling to him this year as well. its business to me. im not digging to give it away.thats just my opinion though.

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33604

ncinsang wrote:

i sold to him last year. seems like a great guy. he was giving 200 a lb more than everybody else late in season. to me its about the price .if local dealers want to hold down the price then there goin to lose my sang. I seriously doubt one man has anything to do with controlling the market. I plan on selling to him this year as well. its business to me. im not digging to give it away.thats just my opinion though.

You from NC? If so.. what part? also whats the process to sell to this person? mere curiosity is all...

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33609

yes im from nc . I made the statement yesterday defending mr korshack. turns out though that the great northern ginseng company not so great. I organized a meet with him and had almost a dozen people with about 20 lbs of sang . he rejected all of our sang .one persons was too dirty. i was told mine was too bony and dug out of a clearcut which was not true. he must have great insight to tell where someone has dug. he couldnt tell one guy why he rejected his.looks like korshack will not be welcome back in our county as we will sell local from now on. i would advise anyone not to sell to this guy. i sold to him last year and was told that i had good sang. i dug in the same place this year and had the same type sang this year. seller beware!!!!! lesson learned for me and others.

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33613

hate to hear that, hope you didnt have to travel too far!

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33617

ncinsang wrote:

yes im from nc . I made the statement yesterday defending mr korshack. turns out though that the great northern ginseng company not so great. I organized a meet with him and had almost a dozen people with about 20 lbs of sang . he rejected all of our sang .one persons was too dirty. i was told mine was too bony and dug out of a clearcut which was not true. he must have great insight to tell where someone has dug. he couldnt tell one guy why he rejected his.looks like korshack will not be welcome back in our county as we will sell local from now on. i would advise anyone not to sell to this guy. i sold to him last year and was told that i had good sang. i dug in the same place this year and had the same type sang this year. seller beware!!!!! lesson learned for me and others.

Damn that's some B.S. if I ever heard... I am sorry that happened to u. I have always sold local and made out pretty nicely. Guess Ill stay that way...

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33623

Hey all, I almost dealt with him last year.I saved out 25 pounds of top quality ginseng he kept putting me off for about two weeks and then after 3 weeks said he wasn't buying anymore. That was mid season last year. Been busy, I hadn't checked in on forum for awhile sorry guys could have saved you the aggravation, he ran adds in our local paper last year with all kinds of crazy prices and promises and to my knowledge delivered on none of them, it's dealers like this who give all of us a bad name

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33635

I was wondering how long it would take before he made somebody mad. He's playing cutthroat with the local dealers here. Paying more than they can make. Guess if your a exporter you can afford it.

Re:Great Northern Ginseng Company 9 years 5 months ago #33637

It is truly a balancing act for local dealers to keep their quality where our buyers or exporters are happy and feel they have got their money's worh ,and keep our prices competive for the diggers. Most diggers don't know that our collections are graded and judged as hard or harder than the diggers . We as buyers always loose a small percentage of what we pay top dollar for to pick out our job is not always as easy or profitable as it may seem. Good luck to all.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and no members online

Login