2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33827

Selling Ginseng is like drinking coffee,(it makes me a little bit nervous). Especially this year, With all I have read about buyers quitting for the year and prices being up and down.But Western NC is and will always be a different story than most other areas, I'm hoping prices will continue to climb here, but i will still probably sell by next weekend, just my general rule of thumb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33852

Any one heard any news for Herr in Carolina. I was told by one guy that some of the old timers are starting to leave out and the young ones are here to buy. Last I called on Monday there was no change depending on quality $700-800 lb. Less than a week from thanksgiving and it really hasn't moved since day one when they started buying. Almost like a set price of about $700 for the whole buying season. First year I've seen it really not move any. Any thoughts on this?

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33853

Prices the same hear in Ga. Hoping for higher demand but not expecting it .

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33871

Well boys, I just cashed in at $800 for my last pound. Dealer said its not looking like its going to move much more then where its at. The buyers aren't really wanting to pay $800 unless it looks good and the roots are real big. I had my monster roots left over handled with extra care. My dealer had to turn one guy down who had 4 pounds, to small and over washed. So this year is all about quality not quantity. Good luck to all.. but my season is 1000% officially over.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33879

Unloaded mine today to. Got $820 lb all gone happy with it considering looking like bout half the dealers in past few days have dropped there prices. 1000% over for me to

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33893

I had a gr8 season as far as quality and quantity of roots. The pricing was ridiculous due to the crap over seas and those damn shows and all these uneducated diggers pulling anything sang up out the ground. Next year is going to be a bitch for us senior diggers. The buyers are gonna low ball the shit out of us and expect the roots to be huge and twirly as hell. Good luck guys....

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33926

here i wnc im seeing prices holding around 800. how sure are you of the 1000 a lb price

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #34051

I sold mine Wednesday for 830 a pound. Here in Clay county nc.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 2 months ago #34187

anyone know what the price ended at?

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 618 guests and no members online

Login