2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: prices

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37136

When I said X2 on johnnyhoehandle's post, I was referring to his first post on this subject. I don't necessarily agree on some of the later comments.
Also gmg would like for all of you to sell him your best stuff and then peddle the rest to that local guy that you think has been screwing you all this time. Well who is screwing who, if you bite on that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37138

You can sell your roots anywhere you want, all I posted is what I was paying and what I was looking for, if you don't like it I really don't care, I have tried being decent and explaining my points, clearly you are going to believe what you want and that's on you

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37139

gmg wrote:

Ok no I do not always dig above average roots but what I don't do is dig small root, that is the root that no one wants to buy, as many buyers have said multiple times on this forum. And I do agree with you as to way to many people in the woods trying to get their fix, if more diggers thought the same the market would not be so flooded right now and that is the problem with the market now. There are 2 sides to it diggers bust their butts to get the root no question about that but the dealer that buys has a huge investment in the roots and its their money on the line, I do see both sides. Good luck to you and I hope for all of us who care about ginseng things get better for all of us sooner rather than later.

Well I'm glad that we do agree on the situation. I don't dig small stuff and I always plant the berries back. That's the first thing I do before I start swinging. It's just hard to get enough true above avg root that dealers want and make enuff in the end to come out. I love the sport as much as the money. It sure has helped my family out around Christmas time. But for a digger that works 5 days a week and only sengs on the weekend u about have to dig some below avg to come out on it. Anyway, I appreciate ur thoughts and comments.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37140

gmg wrote:

Ok no I do not always dig above average roots but what I don't do is dig small root, that is the root that no one wants to buy, as many buyers have said multiple times on this forum. And I do agree with you as to way to many people in the woods trying to get their fix, if more diggers thought the same the market would not be so flooded right now and that is the problem with the market now. There are 2 sides to it diggers bust their butts to get the root no question about that but the dealer that buys has a huge investment in the roots and its their money on the line, I do see both sides. Good luck to you and I hope for all of us who care about ginseng things get better for all of us sooner rather than later.

...we need a \"like\" button here

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37147

Sooner or later ginseng is going to be graded just like coonskins. I believe it is inevitable. The harvest increases every year, and a big part of the reason is because of roots dug out of season. This puts too much product on the market, and definitely too much inferior product. The only ones that can stop illegal harvesting are law enforcement officers and ginseng buyers. Problem is,IMO, is that instead of working with dealers to quell the problem, the DNR cops find it easier to set up, and then bust the dealers. So now the only guys that may be able to help solve the problem become enemies and the problem gets worse.

I don't have nearly as many answers as I do questions, but one thing I firmly believe is that if laws are followed and cops quit hiding behind billboards in un-marked cars the world would be a better place.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37157

All your posted high prices you see on the green roots are for the better roots.
So, would a person be better off selling it all for a lower price?
If you're selling green not washed you're getting paid for dirt also.
Actually $10 an ounce is not bad. Multiply $160 a lb. times 3.5 ratio with the dirt and you get $560 a lb. dry weight.
If a dealer can't sell his purchased green and has to dry it he's going to loose his britches this year.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37161

Here in east ky there's several diggers did ding all summer long and nobody to stop it.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37299

sengdigger0719 wrote:

Has anyone heard of any prices for dry ginseng this season?

Thank you

:) :)

$350 to $400 in Ky.

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37307

I'm trying to find a dealer in east Tennessee. Anyone know of one. The one I was going to use this year isn't answering his phone and maybe isn't a dealer this year. I live in Blount Co. east Tennessee and if I can't find a local buyer can I sell out of my county?

Re:prices 8 years 7 months ago #37312

OK, looks like I can sell out of my count if I have to. Just need to find one.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 805 guests and no members online

Login