2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng prices

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37400

We'll ya brad know what u mean the good days are gone ny root her well be left in the ground till m gone if u know what I mean the good days gone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37401

We'll ya brad know what u mean the good days are gone ny root her well be left in the ground till m gone if u know what I mean the good days gone

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37411

:whistle:

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37413

Oakhunter,

I don't know if I know you or I don't, or if I've bought from you or not.

But, to me, its just common sense that if we collectively continue to produce higher quantities of lower quality roots, we have no right to whine about lower prices.

Let me give you a quick example I noticed last evening. Remember potato chips at Walmart were nearly $5 a bag recently, and the shelves stayed full. But, they cut the prices to just under $3 a bag and the shelf stays nearly empty. So what happened? The end consumer wants potato chips -but they were resisting buying them at $5. When the store cut the price to just under $3 a bag, the shelves are nearly always almost empty.

There is a price break point there. A point at which for whatever reason, the end consumer is unwilling to buy the product. They might buy some, but not nearly as much as they did/or would at the lower price. Now, if the potato farmers continued to demand more money for the crop, what do you think Walmart would do? Right...they would not buy nearly as many potato chips to put on the shelves because they would be selling a lot less of them.

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37416

I agree with bcastle 100% and I am still unclear on why it's always the dealers fault when market prices go down . None of us can control the market price that's all on the end user.

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37418

just be patient and wait to sell that's all am saying....

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and no members online

Login