2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kentucky prices

Kentucky prices 7 years 5 months ago #39567

Anyone have any news on dry prices in Kentucky yucky this season? And anyone in ky still finding it? Seems to be gone in my area.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39575

KYSENG...

I am from southern middle TN and it has been bad dry down here since the end of August.

All of my seed bed plants are down and out now and the wild sim I have close to home is too. I expect that most of the wild is down and out too, with probably a few exceptions.

I just checked with a local buyer and he gave me a price of 350.00 lb for dry at smaller quantities, said he could do a little more if you had a few pounds.

I only went hunting two times this year and kept about half of what I found for eating myself. I may have 2-3 oz of others that I will sell this year, but think I will wait until around Thanksgiving and check with my local buyer again.

TNHUnter

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39579

I havent been for a week or so due to not having any new places to go. I may go out this weekend and check a few lower spots I overlooked this year but I'd be blessed to find anymore we've been pretty dry ourselves. I didn't get to go as much as last year but I still have around 1lb and 7 ounces dry. I'm a third year digger and still learning that areas I previously overlooked had some of the best seng I've found to date. I'm close to ohio and west virginia.. tristate area I hope to find some places in WV to go next year. In my area there is easy access to most wooded areas so I don't find much old old seng. I need to get lost in some real mountains lol thanks for reply and have a blessed day.

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39580

some buyers say tha pay up to 500 for real good ginseng. going up but slow

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39581

Gilloglys in ohio say tha pay 500 to 525 for good ginseng that a little more then ky paying

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39592

It's around $350 here in south central Ky. also, for average root.
Higher prices are for the better and select roots. Have to be really good for higher prices.
Small roots even though legal age at 5 years are a hard sell this year.
Everybody is talking 10 year age next year on seng.

See Billy Taylor's comments on facebook.

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39593

billy just starting to buy he pay 400 and up call him ..if you have 20lb or more all good he pay 500 or more

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39594

Ginseng started in lake Cumberland area of KY at $300, buyers wouldn't even give a price until last part of September, it's at $350 as of today.

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39595

Coffmans paying 500 to 550 for good call him

Re:Kentucky prices 7 years 4 months ago #39598

Ginseng is a hard sell this year,Don't expect a high price for average roots. It's all about location and quality.Most buyers are really conservative on what they are buying. Where I'm at in south central Ky $350 is a good price and it has to be decent ginseng. People are calling from every where trying to sell and telling me that they are having a hard time selling for any price.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 788 guests and no members online

Login