2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2010 Ginseng Dealers List - Tennessee

Re:2010 Ginseng Dealers List - Tennessee 13 years 6 months ago #6501

Hey TN Sengers,

I called this evening and talked to Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN and he said he was currently offering 500.00/lb for seng.

He said he could do a bit more if you had good quality seng and larger quantities - like 8-10 lbs or more.

I asked about the stratified seed and he said there was some bad luck on that this year from his supplier (artificial shade growers in wisconsin) and he could not get any seed this year. He said they had a early freeze or something like that that caused them not to have any seed to sell this year.

Last year he was selling that seed for 28.00/lb and he told me earlier that he would have it for 30.00/lb this year - but it is just not going to happen this year.

I also chatted with him a bit on when to sell the seng and he said that he usually has a good market for it and normally it is best in between Nov 15 and Dec 15.

He said that a lot of his buyers just seem to go away after the Chinese new year (which is same as ours Jan 1, but they have a big celebration that last for a couple of weeks). He recommended selling before new years instead of after new years - simply because he has less potential buyers after new years day.

He thinks the price often peaks out in the Nov 15 - Dec 15 timeframe because they are buying it up for sale during the Chinese new year celebration. After that the interest from Chinese buyers sort of slacks off.

I will probably check back with him around Nov 15.

If anyone else finds out more info on TN dealer prices - please post.

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2010 Ginseng Dealers List - Tennessee 13 years 6 months ago #6502

Thanks for the imfo..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Who's Online

We have 516 guests and no members online

Login