2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm new to the market

I'm new to the market 13 years 7 months ago #5240

I've harvested root, on and off for 8 years, but never more than a half dozen, here or there, for personal use. Often, I give them to my mother-in-law to stay in her good graces. She grinds it up, and uses it.
This year is alittle different. I got a full week off of work. What started as a shooting session with one of my children, turned into me catching a glimpse of a few berries, and for the rest of the week, it was game on, around the county.
I've harvested 60-70 3,and 4 prong roots. I've got very limited, to no knowledge of how to properly grade a root for marketing purposes.
I live in upstate NY, and i've only been able to locate 1 buyer in my area, with the rest being 180 miles away in NYC.
I've done alot of trapping, and i've dealt with alot of bargaining up and down on pelts, is the root market similar, or is it straight forward?
Any advice on how to handle myself at the dealer would be reassuring.
Thank You,
Seeker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I'm new to the market 13 years 7 months ago #5268

Im in Missouri and all the dealers around here has a set price no matter what the age or quality of the roots(as long as its not cultivated). The price will usually change as the season goes along, and it usually will go higher towards december or so.

Re:I'm new to the market 13 years 6 months ago #5939

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
I'm in Singapore. I'm looking for a couple of pounds of dry wild american ginseng.

Would I need a permit to buy it directly from any of you guys? Are they export laws the same for every state?

Re:I'm new to the market 13 years 6 months ago #5942

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I understand that Wisconsin has laws that requires dealer registration for purchase of more than 8 ounce. So I'm curious if that restriction is only within Wisconsin.

Re:I'm new to the market 13 years 6 months ago #5946

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Been going thru the forum and found this thread... www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...ded-immediately.html

Looks like a separate permit/license is required for every state for larger quantity. Would that mean I can buy 8 ounce from each different Ginseng state (assuming that's the same dealer definition for each state) per year?

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1293 guests and no members online

Login