2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ginseng

ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5669

How is the ginseng looking around the country?
Here in southern illinois it is all but gone...
The only thing left is in the very deep hollows.
Just wondering about every were else?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5670

It is starting to go pretty quick here in east central Ohio too. I am still finding some green ones, but most are yellow, brown, or just stems. I posted some pics of a couple of tops from plants my daughter dug today in the thread \"Ohio seng season 2010\".

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5674

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I hunted 3 of the past four days and I saw 1 yellow bunch and 3 lime fased about to turn yellow bunches all the other where still prety green to real green but I was deep in the Mountians I have not been down low for some time they may be turning a little more down there.

But around here I think the seng will be ok,most of it any way untill the 2nd week of Oct and then it will continue to fall quickly as the weeks go untill around the 1st 2nd week of November and it will be gone...in my opinion of this area......Bell Count and Harlan Coubty K.Y.

The last week was full of cold mornings and has speeded the process up a little in this area,but in time passed I have seen the seng in late November when the summer was long.......

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5678

im in northern arkansas, and ive seen a little of it all. green, lime, gold, and gone. the weather has kinda got it all mixed up. ive been diggin deep, but im leavin a lot for next season, hopin for a rise in price.

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5753

My Wild Simulated here in Maine is disapearing quickly. All the One year olds are gone. Two and three year olds are wilting fast with the nights in the low 40's. Four year olds are still pretty green.

Here's some two year olds.
Attachments:

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5754

Two year old.
Attachments:

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5755

Three year old.
Attachments:

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5756

One more three year old.
Attachments:

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5757

I'm in South Central Indiana, and I'm pretty much done for the year. We have had a major drought in our area, and it's burned up most of the seng. The leaves have really started to fall too, so all but the larger plants have been covered over. It's been a rough year for hunting in this part of the country.

Re:ginseng 13 years 7 months ago #5761

From what I have seen and heard around my part of missouri is more yellows , then greens and all old plants are just a stem and have been for quite some time, still finding berries on a few and alot of fallen plants. Just about done maybe a couple of weeks left, maybe. If we get a gully washer it will speed up the process.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 563 guests and no members online

Login