2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just wondering??

Just wondering?? 13 years 6 months ago #6052

i was just wondering just how large and gnarly does a root need to be before it is considered rare or more valuable?? And who would buy such a thing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Just wondering?? 13 years 6 months ago #6058

i have dug 4 or 5.. 3oz + roots this year the biggest being 4 oz.. so i would say were i live the 3 to 4 oz roots are rare got the get really high were most wont go... and r deep in the mts like 10 to 20 miles from the nearest road.. camp for a few days..that far in the woods all the food u can take u can only stay 3 to 4 days without killing ur self to get to camp....

Re:Just wondering?? 13 years 6 months ago #6067

ya some how i found most of these in town behind my apt. also i have seen roots here that big but havent found any yet

Re:Just wondering?? 13 years 6 months ago #6068

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Having stumbled upon this site lately in my search for wild american ginseng, I would love to buy some of these from you guys but it seems that
1) You cannot export fresh ginseng out of state
2) There seems to be so much red tape to export the dry ones as well that few actually bother with 1/4lb or 1/2lb orders.
Otherwise I don't think its difficult for you to get $400-500/lb for dry ginseng and $150-200/lb for green ones given the rough 3:1 ratio.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 301 guests and no members online

Login