2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow!

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6748

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
kyjabber wrote:

in kentucky to sell on ebay, it has to be certified for export in the lot size of the auction. only licensed dealers can do so. www.kyagr.com/marketing/plantmktg/ginseng/GinsengFAQ.htm . I'd think you'd have to mark the auction to be sold only within the US, too.

Kyjaber im sure that you are exactly right for Ky

p.s. go U.K. Wildcats

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6776

WoW, This is encouraging ! I am from Ohio and have a 2006 plot. After acouple of years, speaking to different Wildlife Officers that were not clear on regs. I did get a answer from Columbus Wildlife Division Executive that to buy and resell, one must have a licence, also they must have the roots certified to export them accross the state line.( anywhere beyond )
He also told me as a land owner harvesting and growing to harvest...
I NEED NO LICENSE... :cheer:

I only need to go to thier location which they have in different counties a couple times a season, where they will certify my ginseng roots. After they certify the roots, I am able to sell to anyone out of state legaly.
Everyone needs to contact thier (Main)State Wildlife Office, Department of Natural Resources, and I believe they may find the same situation in thier state

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6783

I saw this on ebay as well and was wondering what exactly made these roots so special. Is it the age or the DNR papers or both? I just recently got into wild mushrooming and figured while I'm out...might as well look for wild ginseng too.

How do you know when the ginseng is ready to be picked and sold? Should it be sold fresh or dried? Thanks.

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6799

WOW!!! The root I dug this season looks identical as far as quality,size, and color. If I sold all my root at the prices these are goin for on e-bay I bet I'd make 10-20 thousand if not more. WOW!!!:ohmy:

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6872

Lots of paperwork for your man if you sell induvidually. if you sold it a root at a time.

Each root would need a paper?

Dear certify man, would you do these 95 roots induvidually please? I'm in no hurry. LOL

jimseng wrote:

WoW, This is encouraging ! I am from Ohio and have a 2006 plot. After acouple of years, speaking to different Wildlife Officers that were not clear on regs. I did get a answer from Columbus Wildlife Division Executive that to buy and resell, one must have a licence, also they must have the roots certified to export them accross the state line.( anywhere beyond )
He also told me as a land owner harvesting and growing to harvest...
I NEED NO LICENSE... :cheer:

I only need to go to thier location which they have in different counties a couple times a season, where they will certify my ginseng roots. After they certify the roots, I am able to sell to anyone out of state legaly.
Everyone needs to contact thier (Main)State Wildlife Office, Department of Natural Resources, and I believe they may find the same situation in thier state

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #6875

cute,
one at a time ? :) the Wildlife Officer would not talk to me
I don't think so, why would I try that with over 100,000 roots growing in my woods.

Re:7.5 oz. of Roots on Ebay - Wow! 13 years 5 months ago #7122

Here is a old root if your looking to buy a big root cgi.ebay.com/Ginseng-Roots-/180579293197...;hash=item2a0b5d580d

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 351 guests and no members online

Login