2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone still buying or selling wild ginseng this Feb?

Anyone still buying or selling wild ginseng this Feb? 13 years 1 month ago #8636

In hopes of getting a real good price I held out until Feb. to sell. I'm not desperate and only have about two pounds. Live in Illinois. There was a lot of speculation earlier about the price maybe topping out around $1000 this year. But most selling and buying posts seem to have disappeared around last Dec. Anyway, has anyone heard of buyers and sellers operating this late in the season? If so, any word on prices? I only have about three weeks to sell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone still buying or selling wild ginseng this Feb? 13 years 1 month ago #8662

You will be lucky if you can find anyone that would buy it this late in the year and give any kind of a price for it .
Price pretty well topped out around mid nov. bout the best price posted on here was around 720lb.
Now i think you would be lucky to get anything over 300-375
dealers have already cashed out and are not going to give much and have to hold it for a year to sell it. Just my thinking but good luck with it...

Re:Anyone still buying or selling wild ginseng this Feb? 13 years 1 month ago #8665

One of our local dealers - Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN told me that last year he sold at his highest price of the year in the last week of season (Ends March 30 here in TN).

He had a buyer that wanted some real bad right there at the end and he got his highest price of they year right there at the last of the season.

He did tell me that was a bit unusual though.

He said the price uaually peaks in the Nov/Early Dec timeframe and then goes down some.

He said that most of the Chinese buyers that hound him for seng seem to lose interest about Mid December and he thinks that is because they really need it in time for the Chinese NewYear celebration and after that the interest usually goes way down.

If I were you I would get a list of all of the dealers in my State and call all of the ones within reasonable driving distance and see what they say.

Let them know you have a couple pounds and give them your call back number. Never know they may have a late buyer get interested and be willing to pay a nice price.

I hope it works out for you - good luck !

TNhunter

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 497 guests and no members online

Login