2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Next Ginseng Season

Re:Next Ginseng Season 12 years 9 months ago #11072

Latt,

I looked into what it would take for me to sell some on ebay, or to ship it out of state.

In TN - you would have to have a dealers license (cost 250.00) and you would have to take the ginseng to have it certified. They have rangers that can do that at our State parks. It does not cost anything to get the seng certified.

In TN - if you have a dealers license and have the seng certified, you can sell it out of state including like on ebay.

I think if you were going to try selling on ebay you would probably be better off, harvesting some real nice roots and plant them in a bed to keep them fresh.

Then after all the fresh seng is gone from ebay, bring yours up and list them for sale.

If you try to sell them in the fall when lots of other folks have fresh seng roots on there for sale, you might get a good price, or might not. When the supply is plenty, the price might not be so good.

If you had some real nice 20-30 year old roots, and fresh - say around Christmas time - you might just get an exceptional price.

I have had thoughts of trying that, but not sure if I will this year.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Next Ginseng Season 12 years 9 months ago #11074

• kman
  • kman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Latt/TNHunter,

I think eBay is a mix bag in terms of getting the best price. But it is a way to the market for the smaller or new dealers. More people can see what you have and contact you if they think your sang are good.

Bigger dealers already have their regular buyers and probably won't be bothered to go thru the trouble of selling a lb here and a lb there...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds

Who's Online

We have 188 guests and no members online

Login