2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Aaaaahhh!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30047

Thanks Huntsman, you get the picture. while driving on back roads and hit a bump, it hurts. Sometimes puts me down for a few days. Yes, the Dr's would crap if they new what I do. We are friendly with my family Dr. We stopped by their house one day in the spring and I showed her husband how to prune apple trees. She came running out, \"that's enough boys\"! She knows I own an orchard, but just tells me to take it easy. BTW, I've seen several Dr's and they all say they don't fix ribs...no pins or screws.

I did have a pneumothorax when I fell from one of the broken ends of the ribs piercing one of the lungs. I couldn't breathe good and ended up with pneumonia too. It was awful. Ya one fall and I'm going to do it again!

I did get out today to bury some berries in a place I have dug the last couple years. I didn't expect to dig but got 6 that were all over 20 yo. Just nice to get out!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30072

I just talked to my local ginseng dealer and they are paying $175 a lb for freshly dug sang, quite a difference in prices huh ?

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30118

Look for another dealer, he's off the charts!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30119

yeah, this is a dealer that's been in the business for 35 + years and always dealt with people fairly. I seem to have taken this dealer by surprise when I called. They didn't seem set up to take sang yet. They said if you want the kind of prices I quoted you better dry it and wait for a while....

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30129

I've dealt with 5 different dealers all over western Pennsylvania in the last 7-8 years, and I've found that none of them ever pay even close to what the prices on these boards mention. The best I ever found was 2 years ago for $450 a pound dried, while these forums were talking about $700 - $800 - $900 dried. It seems western PA is in a slump for ginseng prices.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30137

yikes,that's not to hear ! I was talking about T & T fur buyers. You're probably familiar with them, last year I got $850 lb at Westmoreland fur post in the first week of Dec.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30141

Wow that really stinks for you guys. Why do you think that they pay so poorly?

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30147

Congrats Maya! Glad you are able o go some this year :)
Nice digging. Hope you feel up to getting out a bunch more this fall. Our season just opened yesterday

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30151

5prong wrote:

Congrats Maya! Glad you are able o go some this year :)
Nice digging. Hope you feel up to getting out a bunch more this fall. Our season just opened yesterday

Thanks much 5, good luck this year!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #30433

Got some nice old ones today!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 603 guests and no members online

Login